Any "MINIT" Owners? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #1

Name: Christopher
Trailer: 1998 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Oregon

We own a '73 13' Minit, which is most likely a copy of the Boler design (see our website
Chubby Bunny. They were manufactured in Centralia, WA. Does anyone out there own one OR know of someone who does? I'm just interested in looking at another one.

Thanks all!
Sitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I sure thought we had another one around here, but I don't recall who ...
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
I thought there was another Minit around, too, besides ChubbyBunny!

The link didn't work for me, it went to the main page and I did put in your names and it still didn't get me to your page. I'd like to see your website again.

Cheers!
Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Chris,

Take the closing parenthesis off your link; it'll work.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #5

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Chris, what a lovely family! It just gave me a lump in my throat, it reminds me of days long ago when camping with the family.

The camper is very nice, too. I particularly like the quilted interior walls. It gives it a feeling of coziness. Did you add this or is it original and painted?

Well done, Chris!

Gigi
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #6

Oregon
Gigi,

Thanks for the kind words. We really have fun camping together. The inside is original. It's a white quilted vinyl with a thin insulation layer on the other side. My likes it, but I'm not too keen with it. I'm fixing the out-of-square door, putting in new ceiling, and putting in a laminate floor before our trip to Montana in July. I'll put pics on our website.

I'll try our website link again: http://mypeoplepc.com/members/kellychris/chubbybunny

You, know I remember a guy emailing me last year about his owning a Minit. I can't remember who, when, where!

Take care.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
Well, and a great job you and your husband did on your little camper. And your family sure is enjoying themselves in it!
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #8

Name: Debbie
Trailer: MINIT 1972
Missouri
I do it is a 1973 and i will post a pic when i have more time tonight
debweb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
Changing to the square tail lights and the new colour makes for a great "new" look. Would love to see it at a Bolerama gathering.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #10

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi Debbie, welcome! Be sure to start your own post with your picture so it doesn't get hidden here, everyone will want to see it and meet you.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #11

Trailer: Aliner
Chris, I really like the blue!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #12

Name: Susan
Trailer: Minit
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz View Post
I sure thought we had another one around here, but I don't recall who ...
We do, we do! Captlaz was hurt last (Jan 2013) fighting a fire during a "strike team" He's on light duty, but now not nearly enough time to do a rebuild. We'll have to hire help.

Love your site and it gives us hope. Our FJ was bought just to pull our dear "Minit." We still have lots of hope of traveling off to see our children all over the rural US.

Where too start? Lichen covered with 'Minit' leaks, crooked door and so low the back-end may drag when hitched. We haven't lifted out FJ.

Still reading and dreaming of the places we'll go.
CaptLazs_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Nice looking rig.
Click image for larger version

Name:	chubbyraynolds2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	67029
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #14

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris73 View Post
They were manufactured in Centralia, WA.

Thanks all!
EDIT: total rewrite!

I'm really confused...I actually posted to direct you to a thread pointing out an "error" in the location-of-manufacture...but I see now that you're the one who posted the link I was sending you to!

The I.D. plate below says "Hawaiian Gardens, California, Centralia Road... image copied from this thread.

So which was/is it- California or Washington????

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
EDIT: total rewrite!

I'm really confused...I actually posted to direct you to a thread pointing out an "error" in the location-of-manufacture...but I see now that you're the one who posted the link I was sending you to!

The I.D. plate below says "Hawaiian Gardens, California, Centralia Road... image copied from this thread.

So which was/is it- California or Washington????

They were made in Hawaiian Gardens, California. As the crow flies that address is about a 2 miles from me. I think it was an auto repair place the last time we went looking.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #16

Name: Carrie
Trailer: 1973 Minit
California
Hello. We just became first time owners of a fiberglass trailer. We have a lot to learn! We have a 1973 Minit, number S 159. We would love to hear from others that may have a Minit or know more about them. Ours came with some original paperwork which I'm posting pictures of. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405314249.193029.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	73593Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405314277.900872.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	73594Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1405314319.244690.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	73595
West Coast Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:37 AM   #17

Oregon
Sorry I never responded! Yes, my camper was made in California, Hawaiian Gardens. The guy I bought it from years ago told me it was made in Centralia, WA, so I just ASSumed that was the case... until I took a long, hard look at the engraved plate. Anyway, I appreciate your pointing that out.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #18

Name: Rick
Trailer: MiniT
California
Need some Help

My wife is getting a MiniT from her Aunt - we are going to pick in up in a few weeks. I'm looking for any info on them. Specifically exterior dimensions.

I'm trying to fit it in a garage.

Are there different sizes? Models? are they all the Same. I would love to find an owners manual if there is one out there. unfortunately I have only seen pics of the trailer so I do not know what year it is.
Rick Angie MiniT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #19

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Angie MiniT View Post
My wife is getting a MiniT from her Aunt - we are going to pick in up in a few weeks. I'm looking for any info on them. Specifically exterior dimensions.

I'm trying to fit it in a garage.

Are there different sizes? Models? are they all the Same. I would love to find an owners manual if there is one out there. unfortunately I have only seen pics of the trailer so I do not know what year it is.
They are one of the many 13' Boler clones. OEM exterior height typically runs right around 7', but after so many years, any number of changes could affect the height one way or the other. Nothing for it but to measure and find out. In some cases, all that's needed is letting some air out of the tires and/or a little strategic raising and lowering of the tongue jack. If you need a few inches, some have replaced the stock wheels with 8" rims for storage, with or without tires, or even homemade wood donuts, to fit into a standard 7' garage (which may not be exactly 7', either).

There's a little information here: Minit Trailers
There don't appear to be any manufacturer documents in our Document Center, but you may be able to find operating manuals for specific appliances by searching the make and model.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #20

Name: Carrie
Trailer: 1973 Minit
California
Yay! Another Minit Owner. I have the original sales sheet, which I posted - hopefully you can see in this thread? The owners manuals I have are for the icebox and the stove. I think there is only one model and all seem to have been made between 1972-1974. The sales brochure I have says “Minit 1974 lightweight travel trailer” and the original registration is 1973. During my research, something tipped me off to Perris Pacer - I think in 1974 Perris Pacer shared the Minit name. Looking at the 1974 Perris Paver Renovation on this site by “Fredomatic” their Perris Pacer looks just like my Minit (the gold color exterior, ensolite, tail lights, windows...) made by Beta Industries in Hawaiin Gardens, CA which I believe is close to where the Perris Pacer was made?

Dimensions: 7'-2” Tall, 13’-8” Long (tongue to tail) and 6'-6” wide. It used to fit in the garage but I had the axel professionally adjusted and now I don’t “bottom out” on the driveway, and it doesn’t fit through the garage door. The tongue is short - I have 29”.

We LOVE our Minit. Please post pictures of yours when you get it. I look forward to hearing about your Minit!
West Coast Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
minit