Anyone in LA Area Able to Check Out Trailer for Sale? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Anyone in LA Area Able to Check Out Trailer for Sale?

Afternoon All,

I'm still on the hunt for a camper and have found a nice unit advertised for sale in Los Angeles. Owner says it's at his workplace and available for viewing from 9-5 daily.

Is there anyone on the forum who is in the area that might be willing to take a look at it for me and verify its condition/legitimacy?

Thanks,

Ben
kellyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
RE: Inspection

L.A. is a big area, exactly where in the area is it located? If it's in L.A proper, name an area. I could be 5 or 75 miles away

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #3

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
RE: Inspection

L.A. is a big area, exactly where in the area is it located? If it's in L.A proper, name an area. I could be 5 or 75 miles away
Thanks for the reply, Bob. The ad says downtown LA. Sent an email to the owner about an hour ago and waiting to hear back with more details.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #4

Ouch... Downtown is a loooooooong way from Riverside and, even if close, is still a den of inequity was well as traffic hell between 5am and 12 midnight

FWIW: Downtown L.A. is not a great place to look for bargains, unless you are shopping for knock-offs in ladies clothing and accessories!

Good Luck

Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #5

Colorado
Found a mobile RV service that is going to have a look tomorrow and ensure it's good to go. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is a different style of Trillium 4500 than I've seen previously. The front, street-side corner has a built in toilet and the front couch isn't there. Instead, it has sort of a flip-down bench that's stored inside of a cabinet. That will all be coming out anyways, but definitely a bit different than what i've seen in looking at photos here.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #6

RE: Trillium
We looked at a Trillium 4500 at what was, basically, a studio prop warehouse about a year ago in L.A. It was very rough and had sat for 3-5 years. Seller had a real attitude about price as well, hope it's not the same one

BUT: This looks like a super opportunity: RVs: Trillium fiberglass Trailer - Sacramento, California

It's even a bit closer....

Good Luck

Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #7

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
RE: Trillium
We looked at a Trillium 4500 at what was, basically, a studio prop warehouse about a year ago in L.A. It was very rough and had sat for 3-5 years. Seller had a real attitude about price as well, hope it's not the same one

BUT: This looks like a super opportunity: RVs: Trillium fiberglass Trailer - Sacramento, California

It's even a bit closer....

Good Luck
I've called on that unit in Sacramento and unfortunately, it's gone. Did the trailer you looked at match the description I mentioned above? It's owned by a younger guy.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I assume that the OP is referring to this trailer:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-56612.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #9