Anyone know how to fix a saggy roof in a Boler??? (around roof vent) - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #29

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
Just as an aside, our kitchen cupboards do not have the side supports but they are fine. The roof supports we built are still doing the job and for $75 and someone else did all the work, I'm not about to complain. See our previous post and pics for how we dealt with the saggy roof.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #30

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Just as an aside, our kitchen cupboards do not have the side supports but they are fine. The roof supports we built are still doing the job and for $75 and someone else did all the work, I'm not about to complain. See our previous post and pics for how we dealt with the saggy roof.

Looks like they did a great job with those supports.
It is similar to the original Boler design before they used the kitchen supports. Mine has a single bar arcing from the upper cabinets to the side closet. No roof bump in the earlier models.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 AM   #31

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile A reinforcing material

Find someone or someplace that sends or receives large-sized shipments and look at metal strapping. It can be all different sizes. " x .017 to 1" x .029. It even comes in stainless! If you ask nicely, you may even get what you need for free!

http://www.grainger.com/product/SIGNODE-Steel-Strapping-WP23207/_/N-lq3?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/5A422_AS01?$smthumb$

Don't buy new. Maybe your local Grainger store can lead you to a place that uses strapping.

I have found many uses.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #32

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Looks like they did a great job with those supports.
It is similar to the original Boler design before they used the kitchen supports. Mine has a single bar arcing from the upper cabinets to the side closet. No roof bump in the earlier models.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Now that's interesting. I remember when I was asking how to support the roof on here, I couldn't find any suggestions that didn't include learning to do some fiberglass work. Then the "inside/outside" debate began and it raged on, morphing into another debate about "bumping one's head" on supports put on the inside.
Truth is, if you bump your head on our supports, then you are going to be bumping your head on the roof vent, the ceiling etc. etc. But I had no idea boler originally had such an item. As I say, thank you - very interesting.

Tags
boler