Anyone using a Mr. Buddy Heater - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler

Hi Everyone

Has anyone ever used a Mr. Buddy in their trailer. They seem to be the cats meow as you can use it inside and then take it out to your add-a-room should you need some evening heat. My plan was to place it on the kitchen counter and open the small kitchen window. We also have a co detector although the unit comes with an O2 sensor which will switch it off should O2 levels decrease.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Al
al gilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
I have had a Buddy for about five years. It was a nice alternative to the noisy furnaces when I had an old Scamp, and then a Casita. They put out a lot of heat, but there are downsides. They create a lot more condensation than a factory furnace. With no actual thermostat, you are usually too hot or too cold. My propane detector went off frequently in the Casita. Just a few molecules of gas leaking from the connections seem to set that beep off. Lastly, I have never fully trusted any portable heater with my life while I am asleep. So I always turn it off when going to bed and re-light it first thing in the morning. The thing I like best about the Buddy is that it has no electrical draw. Since I boondock frequently, I found out that the fan on the factory furnace will kill the battery in 24-48 hours on cold trips. I have since addressed that issue with solar and a Honda 2000. But I still use the Buddy in my hunting tents - it is a fine portable heat source.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I do have one but have never used it in the trailer.... or even used the factory furnace... I actually bought the buddy one for the back room incase the electricity would go out for several hrs.. that way the dogs and I can be cozy comphy... rarely does that happen tho....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We bought one for the Quartzite trip in early February and used it there.
Initial reaction we loved it.
It was like having a small fireplace and gave off a great ambience as well as wonderful quick heating of our 13.
We didn't run it all night, just when needed.
We also used it between our chairs the first night outside to knock the chill off while having a late night stargaze.
Only have used it the once, but we didn't get any condensation buildup with the roof vent and kitchen window open.
Big thumbs up on our experience.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
If anyone is interested there is a group dedicated to Buddy and friends.
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/BuddyHeater/

Cheers
KB
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote