anyone with a Scamp A&E 2000 awning? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2006, 07:40 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
well, just bought an 85 Scamp and in pretty good condition and trailered fine all the way from Alabama (Mobile) to our Grand Prairie home. now comes the figuring stage. We can't find the awning wand mentioned in the manual I downloaded from Scamp (didn't discuss with owners) and we are trying to figure out how to open. I notice there are two chrome latch looking things on the top of the awning. Should I just Be brave and get out there with a step ladder? any help welcome. Alot of his parts are a bit fragile, so I am being quite cautious.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
I have the A&E 2500 and you can find the manual for it (may be similar) here: http://www.dometicusa.com/awnings.php?product=38

Pat
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Thanks Pat, that looks similar enough to print out. I did get brave and unlatched those chrome things. out came the awning! and all kinds of poles! did finally find appropriate slot As and tab Bs. Will put manual in trailer for the daughter and son-in-law.
The Dometic site did say they are working on getting some of teir older manuals online and i will check back there.
Thanks again for your help.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Thanks Pat, that looks similar enough to print out. I did get brave and unlatched those chrome things. out came the awning! and all kinds of poles! did finally find appropriate slot As and tab Bs. Will put manual in trailer for the daughter and son-in-law.
The Dometic site did say they are working on getting some of teir older manuals online and i will check back there.
Thanks again for your help.
Bill & Sandra,
I know this is a bit late, but if you still need a copy of the manual for your Trans-Awn 2000, I can fax or email it to you.
Mike
Mike Coonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
is the wand unique to A&E?

You can pick up generic wands at Camping or Wally World for about 5 bones.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp