Applying 3M RockGuard in the Winter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Since we are getting serious about traveling with a trailer during the winter and don't prefer to have the front of our trailer pitted from road gravel we decided to have 3M RockGuard put on the nose cone. I took the trailer out of -25C temp and into a heated garage at noon and by 6:30pm (same day) the fellow had put the 3M on. Then I had to take the trailer back out and park it in -30C temp. For the last few days it hasn't been above -25C. I am really concerned the 3M won't adhere but the technician guarenteed his work and assured me it wouldn't peel. I'm still not convinced. Anyone else tried this in freezing conditions or have any other experience with the 3M product?
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft
Quote:
Since we are getting serious about traveling with a trailer during the winter and don't prefer to have the front of our trailer pitted from road gravel we decided to have 3M RockGuard put on the nose cone. I took the trailer out of -25C temp and into a heated garage at noon and by 6:30pm (same day) the fellow had put the 3M on. Then I had to take the trailer back out and park it in -30C temp. For the last few days it hasn't been above -25C. I am really concerned the 3M won't adhere but the technician guarenteed his work and assured me it wouldn't peel. I'm still not convinced. Anyone else tried this in freezing conditions or have any other experience with the 3M product?

I have a bigfoot 21.5 and live in the OK valley. We do a lot of winter camping to ski resorts all over BC. I put the 3M product on the front of my trailer last year and it works awsome. Ideally would spring for some of those mud flap things that attach to your receiver as well.

Had the 3M for two years now and glad i did it. (the guy that put put it on here in vernon said if i ever had an issue with it to bring it back and he would fix for free - no peeling or any problems as of yet)
Simon A is offline   Reply With Quote