Aquamagic IV resevoir tank replacement - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Aquamagic IV resevoir tank replacement

Good day,
1986 bigfoot 17’ trailer
Assistance in replacing Aqua Magic reservoir tank.
I have the original Aqua magic IV / low / hand flush toilet that came with the trailer and there was a fresh water leak when opening the water value so I purchased a water value kit for replacement.
I removed the unit and this led me to a full scale disassembly and clean of the unit. When disassembling I noticed a hard plastic strap that was split that appeared to be around the reservoir tank but thought nothing of it.
I re assembled everything and installed the new water valve and re installed the reservoir tank. I must admit I was surprised to see that the reservoir tank is “sealed” to the flushing tube using only butyl and a couple screws, I would have expected something more for a pressurized water connection, anyway from what I could tell this is how it is done so I put everything back together the same way.
When I hooked the unit back up I now get a water leak from the reservoir tank. I found a supplier that sold a new reservoir kit for $14 so I purchased it.

Once the reservoir kit arrived, it came included with an unbroken plastic strap I noticed from the original, everything on my original tank appears to be undamaged with no evidence to the source of my leak. I believe the strap must be to assist to keep the tank compressed to the flushing tube. I have looked all over and I am really struggling to get any instruction how to correctly install the new reservoir tank using the including strap.
Would anyone out there in fiberglass RV land have any insight into this?
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
James

jparry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:49 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparry1 View Post
Good day,
1986 bigfoot 17’ trailer
Assistance in replacing Aqua Magic reservoir tank.
I have the original Aqua magic IV / low / hand flush toilet that came with the trailer and there was a fresh water leak when opening the water value so I purchased a water value kit for replacement.
I removed the unit and this led me to a full scale disassembly and clean of the unit. When disassembling I noticed a hard plastic strap that was split that appeared to be around the reservoir tank but thought nothing of it.
I re assembled everything and installed the new water valve and re installed the reservoir tank. I must admit I was surprised to see that the reservoir tank is “sealed” to the flushing tube using only butyl and a couple screws, I would have expected something more for a pressurized water connection, anyway from what I could tell this is how it is done so I put everything back together the same way.
When I hooked the unit back up I now get a water leak from the reservoir tank. I found a supplier that sold a new reservoir kit for $14 so I purchased it.

Once the reservoir kit arrived, it came included with an unbroken plastic strap I noticed from the original, everything on my original tank appears to be undamaged with no evidence to the source of my leak. I believe the strap must be to assist to keep the tank compressed to the flushing tube. I have looked all over and I am really struggling to get any instruction how to correctly install the new reservoir tank using the including strap.
Would anyone out there in fiberglass RV land have any insight into this?
Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
James
:James it might help if you showed pictures?
Stude

stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #3

Name: James
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:James it might help if you showed pictures?

Stude

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	129033
Stude, I have attached a picture of the reservoir tank with the hard plastic strap on top. Thanks for the interest.
jparry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #4

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparry1 View Post
Attachment 129033
Stude, I have attached a picture of the reservoir tank with the hard plastic strap on top. Thanks for the interest.
:now maybe someone else who has seen this might be able to help. Looks like that tank moves around so maybe that is why they had that plastic strap around it??
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote