Are any of you guys using golf cart batteries? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2003, 09:34 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Are any of you guys using golf cart batteries?

I am a cofessed boat guy and am rebuilding a 14 Surfside. I paln on installing a pair of HD golf cart batteries for a 12 vdc power supply.
My expirence withthese units are that properley charged and maintained they are the way to go.
I also install a "solargizer" battery maintainer, they are very good gor this application as they are designed to keep the plates in the cells clean and result in a healthy battery condition.
On my 26' boat I run lights. norcold fridge, inverter, stereo, etc, etc.
No problems.
The only other modification is that I made sure the voltage regulator is supplying the batteries what they want.

Dr Watts your calculations were impressive, but I will have to work on the latin... It made me laugh! pleas translate.

Tony Surfside from BC Canada:wave

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:45 PM   #2

Tony
I use Caterpillar batteries when I can get a good used one.They worked great for me.I had two in my last RV (stick built).OK guys I won't swere no more.;)

Old 02-10-2003, 11:03 PM   #3

golf cart batteries

Tony:

One, I think it was Eric Williams on another website, installed two T-105s under the bench in the Casita. If you don't mind batterys installed in the 'living area'?! :o

I think the general consensus is that there's not enough room in an egg trailer for a separate, vented enclosure in which to house all that battery assembly without a lot of trouble.

Old 02-11-2003, 01:09 AM   #4

My idea is to

Build a batter box on the aft end of the towing a frame then mount an horizontal aluminum LPG tank just ahead of that.

Tony

Old 02-11-2003, 10:17 PM   #5

Batteries

I'm tentatively planning to make a battery box under the front side dinette's bench (SD) with it vented to the outside (two batteries size TBD). I'm hoping to make it so I can remove the cover of the sealed battery box and have access to the batteries from the wood "plate" under the cushion. This should put most the weight fairly close to the centerline and may allow me to carry more water without effecting the balance too much. This is still a ways off for me though.