Are these original Trillium Marker Lights? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Trillium
New Hampshire
Registry
Are these original Trillium Marker Lights?

Salvaged these from my '76 Trillium 1300. Wondering if they are orignial. They do not appear to have ever been replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium Marker Lens 002.jpg   Trillium Marker Lens 003.jpg  

msinger919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
They look like mine.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #3

New Hampshire
Registry
amber marker lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
They look like mine.
Thanks David. Any reason to believe you marker lights are not original? Did your lights arrive yet?

-Mike
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Those look like mine. You can still buy them!

Spanke
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #5

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Your marker lights for the Trill are still available. Not sure if they come in LED.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinger919 View Post
Thanks David. Any reason to believe you marker lights are not original? Did your lights arrive yet?

-Mike

The marker lights are different on each of the three Trilliums in my yard. One of them has those lights. (1977). I thought they look familiar.
I am actually planning to convert all the marker lights to an LED assembly. It's funny that I like the orignal tail lights so much, but don't really notice the marker lights.
I got the tail lights today. Thank you! I wish I could say I have sent the windows. They are packaged and ready to send, but I have been bed ridden for a while. I will send them, I promise.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #7

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Casita 17 Freedom DeLuxe
British Columbia
My 1980's markers DON'T look like those. Mine are simple, cheap looking, almost flat with no Fresnel type lensing and I will replace them one day with the latest available and convert to LED, or simply buy similar sized LED units. I'm more into better-than-factory, rather than OEM. Ditto with the tail lights. I'm open to ideas here!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #8

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
My 1980's markers DON'T look like those. Mine are simple, cheap looking, almost flat with no Fresnel type lensing and I will replace them one day with the latest available and convert to LED, or simply buy similar sized LED units. I'm more into better-than-factory, rather than OEM. Ditto with the tail lights. I'm open to ideas here!
Well, to each his/her own...I am going with LED's also, but I understand how some people get nostalgic and want all original. I'm like that with my 1963 Honda Cub!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #9

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
I like the LEDs also, though I am not completely happy with the look of the tail light I got.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #10

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanke View Post
Those look like mine. You can still buy them!

Spanke
I agree, I love the Trillium Falcon. This is my first fiberglass camper and it is quite an extensive restoration. Can't wait for spring and my first camping trip!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #11

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
The marker lights are different on each of the three Trilliums in my yard. One of them has those lights. (1977). I thought they look familiar.
I am actually planning to convert all the marker lights to an LED assembly. It's funny that I like the orignal tail lights so much, but don't really notice the marker lights.
I got the tail lights today. Thank you! I wish I could say I have sent the windows. They are packaged and ready to send, but I have been bed ridden for a while. I will send them, I promise.
Dave, send them when you can. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #12

British Columbia
I am the original Nostalgia Kid- ask my wife! So nostalgic I did almost everything I could to convert my '71 MGB into a '66! Oddly, my 20 year old Miata looks as new as it did when it came off the showroom floor, but I've upgraded everything but the body. What is a Honda Cub? surely a motor bike? Earliest Honda car I remember is the little S600 chain drive roadster of the mid 'sixties. And what is a Trillium Falcon? Pardon my ignorance. Do let me know what/when/if you replace your tail lights. I do not know what units Joe is using, or if he is still in business, but the Arizona(?) guy has not replied to my email of quite some time back. Hope he has not gone under. I can also check with Escape, just up the road from my village, and see what he is using for markers and tail lights.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #13

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
I am the original Nostalgia Kid- ask my wife! So nostalgic I did almost everything I could to convert my '71 MGB into a '66! Oddly, my 20 year old Miata looks as new as it did when it came off the showroom floor, but I've upgraded everything but the body. What is a Honda Cub? surely a motor bike? Earliest Honda car I remember is the little S600 chain drive roadster of the mid 'sixties. And what is a Trillium Falcon? Pardon my ignorance. Do let me know what/when/if you replace your tail lights. I do not know what units Joe is using, or if he is still in business, but the Arizona(?) guy has not replied to my email of quite some time back. Hope he has not gone under. I can also check with Escape, just up the road from my village, and see what he is using for markers and tail lights.
Wanderer,

You can buy Trillium new old stock tail and marker lights here: Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister Check out his page and then give him a call.

Spanke
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #14

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Sorry, I guess I should have put my camper's name in quotes, it's a Star Wars reference. Millenium Falcon was one of the ships in the movie. Honda Cub was the motorcycle that made Honda Motor company. I have about 25 mopeds, but the Honda Cub is my baby. Like to see a pic of your MGB. My taillights are already gone, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
moped_003_2.jpg  
Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #15

Alberta
Registry
What the heck is an aluminum falcon!????*

*(robot chicken ref)
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #16

British Columbia
Guess I just learned a lesson. Clicked back to P1 and lost my reply. Thanks for the clarification re the Cub- probably saw them or pix of them, but my heart was still filled with British bikes and sports cars. My MGB left me about ten years ago, but I can dig up a pic and publish it if someone tells me how to attach it to a post. The stable was too small for the '92Miata and the Queen B, and I was spending at least an hour under the bonnet for every two hours in the cockpit. '63 was the intro of the "B in AUS, and I'd just started teaching in Sydney, and lucky to have a worn1960 VW, never mind a new MGB, which was not my fav MG, that was the MGA, which displaced the 'TF from my heart. But this is not a sports car forum, it's a Trillium forum, so I'd better shut up. The trillium has stolen her heart. All the sports cars I have owned never really engaged her, despite my driving her across to the West Coast from Sudbury. The Tacoma and the Trillium, had they been invented in '68, and had I had our present rig, would have been an instant seduction! We both love the truck and Trillium, and she loves driving the truck and happily shares the towing, provided we are not on I-5. I try to convince me she has forgiven me for not letting her drive my Miata. So, back to tail lights and markers, do I have to buy bulb units and convert to LEDs?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #17

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
What the heck is an aluminum falcon!????*

*(robot chicken ref)
Feeling a little pluckier (pun intended) today are we Dave? Ha Ha!

Tags
lights, trillium