Atwood hydroflame heater - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #21

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Some motor berings have a felt pad next to them that soaks up oil and keeps them lubricates. I always use 3 in One oil. It has been around forever and works well.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #22

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Motor bearings.

Yes, open the motor up. The method of squirting grease in is for sealed bearings, which are ball bearings. The bearing in the motor you have is a bronze bushing that the shaft rides in. Opening the motor should not be a big deal. Just be careful with the brushes, the are carbon and brittle. Don't get grease on the brushes or the surface they ride on. What do you have to loose, if it does not work you will buy a motor which is what you would have to do if you don't fix this one anyway.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:17 PM   #23

Name: pat
Trailer: MITY LITE
British Columbia
Ok thanks to all ! I'll run it until she squeaks again behond the tolerance level, then I have an excuse for a project ! Best, pat
spaghettiroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:23 AM   #24

North Carolina
Bearings

When that happens they will lock up and the bushing will turn in it's housing then no longer fixable. A stitch in time.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 AM   #25

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Ron View Post
Oil is not a fix. The man in the posted video got it right. These are not sealed bearings aa earlier stated. I serviced large computers for a living and have fixed many blower motors like this and never had to go back because the motor failed. I have tried oil with no success but grease always worked. The grease is absorbed by the bronze bushing and will last longer than you will use the camper.
roblem with grease in a closed area where there is flame (no flame in a Computer) grease can easily catch fire and yes the Repair shop said Baby Oil which we all should be putting into our ears daily to get rid of wax stopping them up.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #26

North Carolina
Bearinvs

Not a chance of that grease catching fire. You will use less than you can get on the tip of your finger. Are you saying oil is not flamable?