Audiovox VE705 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Santa deposited an Audiovox VE705 under the tree and
I'm wondering if anyone out there has installed this
unit in their rig? If so, do you let it installed when
on the road? Any help greatly appreciated.

DON
D.GOODYEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Nice present!

I leave nothing in my egg that isn't bolted down that is of any value or has even a small temptation level for thieves. They can take blocks of wood, old tools and even my second (3rd and 4th) hand dishes without me cryin'. Electronics are another thing.

I googled your tv, and can't see clearly how it mounts, but it looks like it is bolted in? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

I haven't installed that particular model, but I have a msall lcd tv permanently mounted on the side of my kitchen cabinet over the dinette. It is mounted similar to a recessed ceiling light, so it would be hard to get out and still be functional, but, as with any thing or place, if someone wants it bad enough, they will find a way.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Don,

From Audiovox's website info, it looks like the installation instructions for your set are about the same as those for our VE-1020. We have a 16' Scamp and chose the rear streetside overhead cabinet as a more or less permanent mounting location. The TV is centered front to rear with the bed and the viewing angle and distance have worked out well (we sleep with our heads to the curbside).

I used the smallest spacers in the kit to drop it the 1/4" necessary to clear the cabinet's molding. To minimize the distance the front of the TV protruded beyond the face of the cabinet, I used right angle plug adapters for all rear connections. Our microwave is on the counter next to the bed on that side and the satellite receiver sits on top of it with a bungee holding both of these in place. All wiring runs through a 3/4" loom giving a relatively finished look.

We've camped when it was cold enough to freeze water left in the sink (danged propane regulator went out so furnace was inoperable) and have driven 20K+ on some fairly rough roads and the TV has held up through it all. The only complaint I have with the set is the speakers could certainly be improved upon.

Hope this helps - Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote