Automotive paint ok? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #1

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
Automotive paint ok?

Hey guys,

So I'm currently painting the inside of my boler (walls) with kilz primer. I'm also wanting to paint the fiberglass cabinets...however turns out you can only use melemine paint when it's 15+ all the time. Now I'm thinking about having the bf (15+ years automotive collision repair/painter) spray the whole darn interior. Would automotive paint be ok for the walls AND all the interior fiberglass? It will be sprayed in a paint booth.

Thank you
Yamaha_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: Reid
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Oregon
Registry
Spraying w/ auto paint is a good solution but there could be issues of compatibility with the kilz primer. Make sure your painter is aware of what product you use under his paint. You might be better off just sanding and letting him use a primer appropriate for the final top coat. Auto paint is usually full gloss- you might want the painter to "flatten" the finish a bit because the shinier the finish the more any flaw is going to show up and the more reflection issues you will face. Good luck, I'm sure it will be fantastic. And as is the mantra here-pictures are in order.
Reid Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint