Awning for 1977 Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Hi there

Took our newly painted Scamp out for the first camping trip and had a blast.
We discovered that we have the original awning and three poles that telescope out.

The awning looks like a little gold and white harem house!

Anyway, we could not figure out how to set up the awning, there were black rubber stops on the ends of the poles but they would not remain upright on the ground alone, we tried resting them against the trailer but no joy.

How do you do this>

Are we missing some equipment?

Thanks!
Kate Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Kate.. is it a case awning that scamp put on? Usually when you retract the legs to hold up the awning there are on each leg a little black knob that needs to be tightened to hold up the legs?
I had to order them from an rv place... The reg big black ones wont fit up in the casing. If this is the case I think i have the order # of what you might need.. Hope this helps
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Kate.. is it a case awning that scamp put on? Usually when you retract the legs to hold up the awning there are on each leg a little black knob that needs to be tightened to hold up the legs?
I had to order them from an rv place... The reg big black ones wont fit up in the casing. If this is the case I think i have the order # of what you might need.. Hope this helps
I believe it is the original awning from Scamp only because it fits so perfectly.

As for the legs, as I said they are telescoping, one end is held in place by a metal ring attached to the larger part of the pole. On each pole set there is a little bracket thing that has a hole in the center, is this where the little black knob would go? Thanks!

Also, it seems kinda flimsy............
Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Gotta picture we could all ???
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 PM   #5

Here we go!

http://www.carneyscorner.com/awningpole.html

These are kinda big

The first four are the awning side the last is the "foot side" minus the foot.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #6

Ok,

I called Scamp today and first may I say, they are RUDE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We placed an order two and a half weeks ago and the person I spoke with (Kent) was really pissy, claimed he could have had my stuff shipped out if he didn't have to answer the phone so often! Hello? This is parts and SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He claimed not to have any idea about our awning and stated "We're working with new ones now" and HUNG UP.

What a jerk!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Ok,

I called Scamp today and first may I say, they are RUDE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We placed an order two and a half weeks ago and the person I spoke with (Kent) was really pissy, claimed he could have had my stuff shipped out if he didn't have to answer the phone so often! Hello? This is parts and SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He claimed not to have any idea about our awning and stated "We're working with new ones now" and HUNG UP.

What a jerk!
Thank you for posting this. I thought it was just me that was getting this kind of treatment. Fortunately I think that I've got all of the bits and pieces that I'll be needing from them anyways. About the only thing left that I'll need is the sticker logo, if I decide to put it back on. Just about anything you could want is available elsewhere, you just have to have the time to look.
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hey! Hey! Hey!!
Waite a minnit. Wasn't me.
Somebody musta' stole my name.
Actually there's a whole bunch of us [First and last] on this site and we're a GREAT bunch of guys, really.
Jim
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank you for posting this. I thought it was just me that was getting this kind of treatment. Fortunately I think that I've got all of the bits and pieces that I'll be needing from them anyways. About the only thing left that I'll need is the sticker logo, if I decide to put it back on. Just about anything you could want is available elsewhere, you just have to have the time to look.
We are in the same place! We got all we needed that is specifically Scamp and we are DONE.
We are now seriously considering tbat our next trailer be a wide body burro.
Thank you Scamp for making that decision for us!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Hey! Hey! Hey!!
Waite a minnit. Wasn't me.
Somebody musta' stole my name.
Actually there's a whole bunch of us [First and last] on this site and we're a GREAT bunch of guys, really.
Jim
I know! I have a brother named kent, he is the best!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
I called Scamp to not to long ago to order the seal for the front window.. anyways Kent was sortta rude... I always say Parts please... so they get me parts... well I said oh is this Justin.. he said NO this is Kent.. Justin doenst work here anymore... .. i think Kent was put out because he had 'parts' duty'......
I ordered a new greywater tank and whomever is in parts now seemed very nice.

well if they are working on a new awing maybe it wont be such a pain like the old one!!! It would be nice if they put one on like the new Escape 5er have!!
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #12

Bumping my post, can anyone help?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
When we stopped by the factory a few weeks back ( actually a 3 hr ride from Minneaplolis where we were visiting) , I didn't get a warm fuzzy, we're glad you came by. Not even coffee! And it was raining. We got a very short tour and a brochure and a goodbye.

Needless to say, the only thing that sticks in my mind is a very wierd thing ,the thought is." They are still using that old doorlock???? Geez that must be from 1950!

Love the 19 ft. but think I'll have to go for a used 19' or a Casita.

Of course to be fair I have not been to the Casita factory yet.

Still waiting to hear from Oliver trailers, I guess they have to get their act together still.

I think if I lived in a place like Backus ( it really is an awesome area with some really cool homes for sale) and had a cool job with FB trailers I'd be a pretty happy guy.

But of course if I was thinking winter is coming soon I might not be so happy up there.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #14

Hi
Remove the inner section, and slide it back into the ring THEN into the larger pipe. This creates a cam-lock. I have found that they do not hold well at any time. Your best bet is probably a new set of poles with a better locking mechanism from an outdoor centre or camping outfitter.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #15

Click image for larger version

Name:	pole.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	9812

Here's a picture of the poles assembled. Lift pole to adjust height. Lift ring to lower
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Attachment 9812

Here's a picture of the poles assembled. Lift pole to adjust height. Lift ring to lower

Thanks, we did figure that out, but the poles are so flimsy and they don't stay up.
Is that all there is to it?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM   #17

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Are you using ropes on the poles?
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 PM   #18

Yes that's it. Once up I have put a layer of tape around the pole to add friction but it still wants to slip. Best bet.... new poles with a better locking mechanism.

Tags
scamp