Awning for Boler. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bo_Boler9.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	13138
I have just purchased a 1980 Boler and would like to purchase an awning for it.The one that came with is not in such great shape.I was thinking about purchasing a Shade Maker Supreme from Interwest Sports.I was wondering if anyone had purchased this product and could tell me how they liked it.....Also I am not sure what size I should order for a 13' Boler...Should it be a 7 ft. or 8 Ft. awning...As it would have to be shipped to Canada I want to make sure I get it right and do not have to return it...Thanks for any help you can give....Pat.
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
Very good bag awning. Low price good quality. If I remember Boler is 7 feet and Trillium 8feet. Why don't you measure the one you already have? Measure the rail also.

By the way ask them to send it by USPS and absolutely NOT UPS or Fedex. Both companies have many consumers class actions in Canada as they charge outrageous custom broker fees. It can easily reach 75$ or more in your case. Bu the way USPS and Canada Post charge 5$ for the exact same job done the exact same way i.e. computer.

Even verbally Canadian custom officer will tell you top NEVER deal with UPS when you buy from U.S.A. Look on e-pinions here.
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Think about using a screen room instead. Ours fits over the door, adds additional living space, and keeps the bugs down. Fun to party in too.

CindyL
Old 05-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Think about using a screen room instead. Ours fits over the door, adds additional living space, and keeps the bugs down. Fun to party in too.

CindyL
I would appreciate knowing more about your screen room. Does it attach to an awning, or is it a free-standing unit that sits next to the trailer. I've looked at Easy-Ups and similar and am not sure I want to go that route.

Thanks,
Parker
Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #5

Registry
It is a First up from Walmart. It fits over the door and keeps down the bugs. It also adds that additional space that just makes it so much more comfortable. We bought the wind screen that goes with it but have not used it. We also bought drop down curtains from Hutshop but have not tried them out yet. Last summer, we fabricated drop down curtains from tarps. I hope that these new ones will be easier to use. I like to do yoga in privacy.
The screen house has been stable for us. Our previous one blew down in a wind storm but this one survived a wind last summer that brought down tree branches in the campground.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1143.JPG   IMG_1144.JPG  

IMG_1145.JPG  
Old 05-12-2008, 04:01 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
It is a First up from Walmart. It fits over the door and keeps down the bugs. It also adds that additional space that just makes it so much more comfortable. We bought the wind screen that goes with it but have not used it. We also bought drop down curtains from Hutshop but have not tried them out yet. Last summer, we fabricated drop down curtains from tarps. I hope that these new ones will be easier to use. I like to do yoga in privacy.
The screen house has been stable for us. Our previous one blew down in a wind storm but this one survived a wind last summer that brought down tree branches in the campground.

CindyL
Hi Cindy
My Lady-bug has a Carefree of Colorado bag awning on it when I purchased it. It is 8 ft wide but only about 5 foot pull out.
We like it very much and easy to set up.
Gives room for a small table, to cook outside, and makes for a dry spot to sit or keep the cooler.
Carefree of Colorado
2145 W. 6th avenue
Broomfield, CO 80020
tell#303 469-3324

Here is a picture of it set up, hope it helps your quest.
Gerry

Attached Thumbnails
awning.JPG  
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #7

Registry
Hey Pat,

Check out Gerry's information. He has information on an awning for you. (Gerry, it is not me looking, but thanks for the information for Pat. I love our screen house; it works better than an awning for us. It puts up quickly and gives us more living space. Most importantly, since I am ground zero for any bugs in the area, it gives me a chance to sit outside without taking a bath in bug repellant.).

CindyL
Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:

CindyL
Thanks for the additional info. We may end up with something similar before it's over. I'm trying to minimize the amount of stuff to drag along, but I certainly see the advantages to your setup.

Parker
Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #9

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Hi Cindy
My Lady-bug has a Carefree of Colorado bag awning on it when I purchased it. It is 8 ft wide but only about 5 foot pull out.
We like it very much and easy to set up.
Gives room for a small table, to cook outside, and makes for a dry spot to sit or keep the cooler.
Carefree of Colorado
2145 W. 6th avenue
Broomfield, CO 80020
tell#303 469-3324

Here is a picture of it set up, hope it helps your quest.
Gerry
The only bummer about yours Gerry is that Carefree doesn't make a 5' width anymore. I called them. Too bad because I LOVE yours! I wonder how hard it would be to cut down a 7'5" (which as I recall is now their shortest).
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 1300 Boler
Hey Pat.C,I just got my awning from Interwest sports.It is a shademaker classic,that is the only bag awning that comes in the 7foot size,so 7' wide and 8' long it's perfect for our boler.Interwest charges $45 right off the bat for canadian orders and than the post office charged me $19.88 and it took about 2 weeks to get.Hope this helps you....J
Jason Goward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Referring to the 2nd post about USPS vs UPS/FedEx. 100% agree, always use USPS if you are ordering products from the states into Canada to avoid the over the top brokerage charges.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 1981 Boler 13 ft / 2005 Dodge Caravan
Registry
Quote:
Hey Pat.C,I just got my awning from Interwest sports.It is a shademaker classic,that is the only bag awning that comes in the 7foot size,so 7' wide and 8' long it's perfect for our boler.Interwest charges $45 right off the bat for canadian orders and than the post office charged me $19.88 and it took about 2 weeks to get.Hope this helps you....J
Thanks Jason,
I just placed an order for the awning with Interwest Sports and specifically asked them to ship USPS as some have suggested...I am sure it will be exactly what I am looking for....Thanks for responding.
Pat C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #13

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
Smile can you post a picture of your awning?

I too am considering getting this awning but would LOVE to see it on your boler please. thanks!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler