Sunday we had some strong, gusty winds and I stopped at my usual turnout to drain the WH and fresh water tank before the climb. I discovered that the awning
had unrolled about a foot or so and was trying to become a sail. Fortunately, I was able to find a deep road cut a quarter mile down the road where there was enough shelter from the wind to deal with the problem. I had to open the awning
a couple more feet, straighten it out and then roll it up again. It seemed to be fully locked down; I wouldn't have thought it possible for it to unroll. Maybe it was just the strength of the wind that day (50 mph gusts were predicted).
Another first was having blowing rain come in through the refrigerator
vent, enough to seep out where the wall and floor meet under the refrigerator
door. I was able to stop most of the water with a sheet if plastic placed inside the lower part of the vent cover. When we dry out I'm going to try to fashion some kind of permanent dike inside the vent cover. All in all, this trip was more "interesting" than most!