Bag Awning Advice - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2003, 06:58 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bag Awning Advice

I have just purchased a 7 foot bag awning for my boler. Put it in the rail today and discovered that I am required to attach two brackets (one at each end) on the wall of the boler to insert the horizontal tension bars.
The instructions indicate that the brackets should be mounted right under the awning rail.
My concern is with the curvature of the trailer that the bracket will be facing upward instead of straight out toward the awning poles.
I could mount them further down but they would have to be about 8 inches below the awning rail in order for them to be on a relatively flat surface. I considered building a bracket but am wondering whether anyone else has come up with a solution?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 08:32 PM   #2

Hi
Would it be possible to make a metal bracket and install first to get shape you want(curved/flat etc) then put on awining brackets.:wave

Old 06-04-2003, 09:32 PM   #3

thanks

Ya, I suppose I could make a bracket, but I was trying to avoid adding something that doesnt look too great - my fear is that it will look like an after thought ...
I was considering cutting a piece of wood to the right shape and applying fiberglass on top of it, then painting it so that it looks like part of the trailer.
Have to give it some more thought. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2003, 09:33 PM   #4

I remember some one with a Scamp having to have brackets made to fit the curve. didn't see the details

Old 06-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #5

Hi Laura
The brackets are basically just to hold the poles in place aren't they. Couldn't you make some sort of holder that maybe velcros in place and you could remove it when not in use. Something that perhaps fits up against the awning track so it would stay in place?
Just a thought.
Nancy

Old 06-05-2003, 09:23 PM   #6

Thanks

Thank you for your helpful suggestions.
I'll post a photo when I decide how I am gonna do this.