Bargman L300 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Posts: 135
Bargman L300

Hello,


I was thinking pf buying a new Trimax lock for my Uhaul but realize that all I needed was this parts ( the inside lock screw) to get my original back together. The thread part is broken of as you can see on the picture.

Does anyone know where or as a spate part he wants to sale!

Thanks for you help!
Attached Thumbnails
image-2325967466.jpg  
__________________

__________________
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
There are repair kits on ebay, not sure what they include. take a look.
__________________

__________________
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Posts: 135
I have finally decide to order a Trimark unit. I will update as soon as I get the part.

Fred
__________________
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Also this:

L300 RV Lock Bargman L 300 Replacement Travel Trailer Lock Direct Replacement | eBay
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Hello,


I was thinking pf buying a new Trimax lock for my Uhaul but realize that all I needed was this parts ( the inside lock screw) to get my original back together. The thread part is broken of as you can see on the picture.

Does anyone know where or as a spate part he wants to sale!

Thanks for you help!
I have the repair kit. That's included. Isn't it two pieces that screw together? Not sure but I recognize it. Unfortunately the repair kits now cost more than the Trimark. Raz

Check the picture here

New Bargman L 300 RV Door Lock Repair Replacement Parts Kit | eBay
__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
mszabo's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
Posts: 650
If it is a broken off screw, try to remove it.
If not drill it out and tap it with the screw size needed.
Screw in screw, lock tight it and, cut off screw to length needed.
__________________
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Posts: 135
Mazabo,


Thanks for the idea but tubis is wath I kind of did. The key barel cover is also broken. Everything that I need to repair it is in the bargman repair kit listed on ebay but for the same $ I will get a brand new and more solid door lock.

I will receive the new trimark saturday and will give you a update on the fit in the uhaul.

Thanks

Fred
__________________
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Posts: 135
I just received the Trimark unit. It is a almost perfect fit. To make it a perfect fit I had to grind the right side of the outside box for about 0,5 cm and had to round up the corners. I used a hand grinder for the rough part and a table grinder for the finish. As for the final result I have used rotative sander with 280 sand paper. The resilt os a clean cut and it looks great. Just added some tremglad black paint with a small brush and you dont see the difference.

I had to cut ou a little bit of FG on the door to get the unit in place. Just in the corners of the fitting box. The pen lock fit perficly.

The door now locks great and as a thighter fit . The guide screw just fit perfect in the original female unit.

So as i am concern, this is a great upgrade and find it more relyable than the old L-300.

Here are some pics and if have any question...

Again sorry if my english writting is not perfect!

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
image-549452429.jpg   image-4002204880.jpg  

image-1180989159.jpg   image-560713836.jpg  

image-4198062212.jpg  
__________________
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Excellent job Frederick. Thanks for posting this.

I think that the price of original L300s just fell on eBay.
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Posts: 135
140$ shipped to my home for the Trimark. Not to bad
__________________
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #11
Member
 
rockead rob's Avatar
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: U Haul CT 13
Florida
Posts: 41
With the new Trimark latch, were you able to use the original striker plate? I'm about to replace my old, wore out, sloppy Bargman with the Trimark. The previous owner replaced the pins that rest in the striker plate with other bolts that have messed up the threads in the Bargman. Thanks in advance for your response.
__________________
rockead rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
mmeyer's Avatar
 
Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Posts: 472
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
I just received the Trimark unit. It is a almost perfect fit. To make it a perfect fit I had to grind the right side of the outside box for about 0,5 cm and had to round up the corners. I used a hand grinder for the rough part and a table grinder for the finish. As for the final result I have used rotative sander with 280 sand paper. The resilt os a clean cut and it looks great. Just added some tremglad black paint with a small brush and you dont see the difference.

I had to cut ou a little bit of FG on the door to get the unit in place. Just in the corners of the fitting box. The pen lock fit perficly.

The door now locks great and as a thighter fit . The guide screw just fit perfect in the original female unit.

So as i am concern, this is a great upgrade and find it more relyable than the old L-300.

Here are some pics and if have any question...

Again sorry if my english writting is not perfect!

Fred
Good news, I will update the info for the spreadsheet and submit in October incorporating some other additional info I have assembled since the original submission.
Mi.chael J
__________________
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
I met a guy that claims to have a WHOLE CASE of new L300's, [probably a dozen] but he's hanging on to them for his own restoration projects. I can't give out his name. Another guy found a NOS L400 at a RV dealer and got it for $35. Why can't I find this stuff!! However I did get a NOS L300 on ebay for $60 several months ago, that seller didn't do his research.
__________________
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I met a guy that claims to have a WHOLE CASE of new L300's, [probably a dozen] but he's hanging on to them for his own restoration projects. I can't give out his name. Another guy found a NOS L400 at a RV dealer and got it for $35. Why can't I find this stuff!! However I did get a NOS L300 on ebay for $60 several months ago, that seller didn't do his research.
Some people collect rare coins, others stamps, still others historical items. Then we have the lock aficionados.
__________________

__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bargman L300 good price Raz General Chat 7 07-10-2012 01:18 PM
Wanted: Broken Bargman L400 or barrel lock for Bargman l-400 freddo411 Parts: Buy | Sell | Trade 1 05-24-2012 03:18 PM
SOLD: Bargman L300 Randy Bishop Classified Archives 5 04-30-2012 06:00 PM
Bargman L300 Pam Garlow Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 09-17-2011 08:45 PM
Bargman L300 door locks Roger C H Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 11 08-12-2011 05:21 PM

» Trailer Showcase

TBD

LiseKen

"Springer"

Susan J
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.