Bargman L300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #1

Name: Frederic
Trailer: U-Haul ct-13
Quebec
Bargman L300

Hello,

I was thinking pf buying a new Trimax lock for my Uhaul but realize that all I needed was this parts ( the inside lock screw) to get my original back together. The thread part is broken of as you can see on the picture.

Does anyone know where or as a spate part he wants to sale!

Thanks for you help!
Attached Thumbnails
image-2325967466.jpg  
theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
There are repair kits on ebay, not sure what they include. take a look.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #3

Quebec
I have finally decide to order a Trimark unit. I will update as soon as I get the part.

Fred
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Also this:

L300 RV Lock Bargman L 300 Replacement Travel Trailer Lock Direct Replacement | eBay
Old 05-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Hello,

I was thinking pf buying a new Trimax lock for my Uhaul but realize that all I needed was this parts ( the inside lock screw) to get my original back together. The thread part is broken of as you can see on the picture.

Does anyone know where or as a spate part he wants to sale!

Thanks for you help!
I have the repair kit. That's included. Isn't it two pieces that screw together? Not sure but I recognize it. Unfortunately the repair kits now cost more than the Trimark. Raz

Check the picture here

New Bargman L 300 RV Door Lock Repair Replacement Parts Kit | eBay
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
If it is a broken off screw, try to remove it.
If not drill it out and tap it with the screw size needed.
Screw in screw, lock tight it and, cut off screw to length needed.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #7

Quebec
Mazabo,

Thanks for the idea but tubis is wath I kind of did. The key barel cover is also broken. Everything that I need to repair it is in the bargman repair kit listed on ebay but for the same $ I will get a brand new and more solid door lock.

I will receive the new trimark saturday and will give you a update on the fit in the uhaul.

Thanks

Fred
Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #8

Quebec
I just received the Trimark unit. It is a almost perfect fit. To make it a perfect fit I had to grind the right side of the outside box for about 0,5 cm and had to round up the corners. I used a hand grinder for the rough part and a table grinder for the finish. As for the final result I have used rotative sander with 280 sand paper. The resilt os a clean cut and it looks great. Just added some tremglad black paint with a small brush and you dont see the difference.

I had to cut ou a little bit of FG on the door to get the unit in place. Just in the corners of the fitting box. The pen lock fit perficly.

The door now locks great and as a thighter fit . The guide screw just fit perfect in the original female unit.

So as i am concern, this is a great upgrade and find it more relyable than the old L-300.

Here are some pics and if have any question...

Again sorry if my english writting is not perfect!

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
image-549452429.jpg   image-4002204880.jpg  

image-1180989159.jpg   image-560713836.jpg  

image-4198062212.jpg  
Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #9

Excellent job Frederick. Thanks for posting this.

I think that the price of original L300s just fell on eBay.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #10

Quebec
140$ shipped to my home for the Trimark. Not to bad
Old 09-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #11

Name: Rob
Trailer: U Haul CT 13
Florida
With the new Trimark latch, were you able to use the original striker plate? I'm about to replace my old, wore out, sloppy Bargman with the Trimark. The previous owner replaced the pins that rest in the striker plate with other bolts that have messed up the threads in the Bargman. Thanks in advance for your response.
rockead rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #12

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
I just received the Trimark unit. It is a almost perfect fit. To make it a perfect fit I had to grind the right side of the outside box for about 0,5 cm and had to round up the corners. I used a hand grinder for the rough part and a table grinder for the finish. As for the final result I have used rotative sander with 280 sand paper. The resilt os a clean cut and it looks great. Just added some tremglad black paint with a small brush and you dont see the difference.

I had to cut ou a little bit of FG on the door to get the unit in place. Just in the corners of the fitting box. The pen lock fit perficly.

The door now locks great and as a thighter fit . The guide screw just fit perfect in the original female unit.

So as i am concern, this is a great upgrade and find it more relyable than the old L-300.

Here are some pics and if have any question...

Again sorry if my english writting is not perfect!

Fred
Good news, I will update the info for the spreadsheet and submit in October incorporating some other additional info I have assembled since the original submission.
Mi.chael J
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #13

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I met a guy that claims to have a WHOLE CASE of new L300's, [probably a dozen] but he's hanging on to them for his own restoration projects. I can't give out his name. Another guy found a NOS L400 at a RV dealer and got it for $35. Why can't I find this stuff!! However I did get a NOS L300 on ebay for $60 several months ago, that seller didn't do his research.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I met a guy that claims to have a WHOLE CASE of new L300's, [probably a dozen] but he's hanging on to them for his own restoration projects. I can't give out his name. Another guy found a NOS L400 at a RV dealer and got it for $35. Why can't I find this stuff!! However I did get a NOS L300 on ebay for $60 several months ago, that seller didn't do his research.
Some people collect rare coins, others stamps, still others historical items. Then we have the lock aficionados.