bathroom door in Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

Name: Sunshine33
Trailer: Scamp
Delaware
Registry
bathroom door in Scamp

We have a 13 ft Scamp. The door to the bathroom has a split down the side from the top to the bottom. My husband took it off and it's so heavy. Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done to fix it?
Thanks!
sUNSHINE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Minnesota
We had that issue with our Scamp. I solved the problem by building new doors for the bath and all cabinets out of Cherry wood. You might have some success with putting wood glue in the split and clamping.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I have read where some have replaced the heavy door with a curtain to save weight.
Dave and Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #4

Name: marty
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I have read where some have replaced the heavy door with a curtain to save weight.
Dave and Paula
yes took the hard shower door off and put in a shower curtain. saves alot of weight
kayaker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker51 View Post
yes took the hard shower door off and put in a shower curtain. saves alot of weight
That's all we have is a curtain. Don't see a need for a door, one more thing to work around.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #6

Name: L (aka Scout)
Nevada
Shower Door

The shower door in our 2013 Scamp 13' always got in the way of the fridge door or visa versa. A decorative shower curtain on the existing rod made so much more sense and is easy to tie back or let hang, as desired. Only two old married people in the Scamp, so nothing to hide anyway. Our door was used one year before being removed. It's sitting around somewhere and will go on to the next owners, whenever we decide to upgrade to a 16'. One less heavy thing to haul around, leaving weight availability for more useful things.
LBJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #7

Name: Sunshine33
Delaware
Registry
Thank you for all the ideas.
My husband glued the door and clamped it, then opened the hinge 90 degrees and put the door in place so that the black hinge is on the outside and drilled holes into the door. There are 28 holes in the hinge but you don't have to use them all. He used T nuts with no prongs on the inside of the door and button head 1/4 " screws showing on the outside. I like the idea of a pretty cloth shower curtain too. Thanks again to all who answered.
sUNSHINE33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #8

Name: Jacob
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 16
Montana
Same issue with ours

Our bathroom door split as well. I simply removed it and use the curtain.

The Scamp feels much less crowded now. We have our dogs sleep on the floor at night. The Bathroom door interfered with that.
jacobconroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp