bathroom mirror and storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: inTech
Kansas
Lightbulb bathroom mirror and storage

i am anxiously waiting for the weather to clear so that i can go pick up my little casita! in the meantime, i'm mulling over how to address what i see as potential problems where i am concerned.
1) there is no bathroom mirror, right? what wonderfully clever ideas are being used to put a mirror in the bathroom? or, are people just putting one somewhere else to use?
2) has anyone come up with brilliant ideas for bathroom storage? just wondered if it were possible, or if stuff just has to be shlepped in and out because of the tiny amount of space.
i have not yet even been inside one of the 17' trailers; so, i haven't a solid idea of what i'll have to work with. all suggestions will be most appreciated!!
lrb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I have a casitas freedom deluxe and ours has a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door
No clever ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Wherever you place your mirror, you will need light that illuminates your face, or it will be useless.
My mirror is inside the bath door and the person using it is lit by a light inside the bath and another on the other side.
Attached Thumbnails
mirror.jpg  
Old 01-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 82 Burro
I agree with Alan. I like a full length mirror. How else can I see how my behind looks in my jeans.
Shirley LaMoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:20 PM   #5

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
+1 for a full length mirror outside the bath door.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
We have no bathroom so a mirror is on the inside of an upper cabinet door.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
I chose mirror squares applied with with the included sticky tape. I put mine full length on the outside of the bathroom door (course, I wasn't trying to shave). A box of 10 squares(12"x 12") is reasonably priced. You could put one on the inside of bathroom for shaving.
I was concerned that the sticky tape would wear out and crash a mirror to the floor, but after 8 years and a lot of washboard roads, they were still secure.

Anne H
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
I used a fishing tackle box attached to the wall with a mirror attached to the lid.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wagon 006.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	92058Click image for larger version

Name:	wagon 007.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	92059
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #9

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Love the fishing tackle box / mirror concept! Addresses the wet shower / keep the stuff dry requirement and the need to see your face while shaving. How did you attach the plastic box to the wall? GREAT IDEA!!
Flyfisher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #10

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
Check out Ikea I bet they will have a cool solution for a mirror/storage.
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #11

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
IKEA has a lot of wonderful little things, including a little $9 medicine cabinet in bright blue or white. They also have "wall pockets" with many little niches, hanging storage things like crab pots (kids section) -- boxes, bins...baskets...love it! And often their prices on such "notions" are very good. As inexpensive as any 2nd hand store, but better quality than the Dollar Stores (which we like as well for such things as super miniature "desk lamps" that can be bent to aim where you want -- about 3" high).
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Items to purchase
Box
--at amazon--> Plano 23705-00 half size stowaway with adjustable dividers
Mirror -- at amazon--> 12"x12" acrylic Mirror Sheet
3M VHB tape any kind will work
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #13

Name: Linda
Trailer: inTech
Kansas
thanks--looks like it has real possibilities!
lrb945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
An alternative is a bag that hangs on a hook. Contains everything you would need for shower and shave, and you can take it to the campground shower without having to transfer everything from one container to another.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #15

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
suction cups are your friend
Old 01-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
An alternative is a bag that hangs on a hook. Contains everything you would need for shower and shave, and you can take it to the campground shower without having to transfer everything from one container to another.
We have such bags from L L Bean. They are available in a couple sizes. In mine I have a comb, toothbrush in a plastic container, bar of soap in a plastic soap box, tube of tooth paste, and shampoo in those mini bottles like you get at motels (refill from big bottle). The bag even has a little mirror in it
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:28 PM   #17

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Mirror?! We're camping, I don't look at myself! A quick comb and I'm ready to go!

Well, I do have a face-size unbreakable mirror that is meant for a metal school locker door. Amazon.com : Magnetic Locker Mirror : Personal Makeup Mirrors : Beauty While it does have magnets I attach mine with Velcro glued to the mirror back and to the upper inner kitchen cabinet door in my 13' Scamp. I do not have a shower or toilet, only a porta-pottie.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #18

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Our ameriigo had a mirror on the outside of the closet/bathroom door. We removed the door and took the mirror off (attached with double-sided sticky tape). We're planning to drill four small holes in the frame and put it up with screws in the porta-potty room since amerigos have plywood wallboards, so they're not like the ones with a nice fiberglass inner shell.

Good thing someone mentioned the lighting; we'll place it where the light is best instead of disregarding that important point.

Of course, Gilda makes a good point--hey, we're camping! I also just brush quick, put it in a bun, and go. Nice to have a look-see, though, once in a while.
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #19

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Mirror?! We're camping, I don't look at myself! A quick comb and I'm ready to go! ....
Eggs Actly! Except that you do need a decent wall mounted or hand mirror to check for ticks. Or a very intimate partner (them darn ticks get in the worst places).

I'm still looking for an ultralight mirror with decent reflection for the bathroom door.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #20

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Eggs Actly! Except that you do need a decent wall mounted or hand mirror to check for ticks. Or a very intimate partner (them darn ticks get in the worst places).

I'm still looking for an ultralight mirror with decent reflection for the bathroom door.
I know this thread is almost two years old, BUT, I picked up a REALLY light, 16 inch round mirror at Joann's Fabric store yesterday. With coupon, it was $3.99. Normally about $7. They have various other sizes as well, and I also saw the same type of thing, although a bit heavier, at Micheals Craft Store the day before. They are with the craft supplies. Just thought I'd share in case someone else is looking. I plan to attach with command strips.
emij is offline   Reply With Quote