Battery disconnect and volt meter - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #1

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp 13
Illinois
Battery disconnect and volt meter

I installed a Drok 0.40 waterproof digital volt meter and a Moller #042221910 battery disconnect switch on the battery box of my Scamp 13. Both $13 from Amazon. Easy installation, and both work great. I switched the positive battery lead and hooked the volt meter to the switch so I can turn everything off, including the meter LED display so it does not drain the battery even though it is very low ~ 0.4 milliamps draw. I installed the volt meter in the battery cover and spliced in a two pole trailer plug so I can disconnect the leads to remove the battery cover. The switch was installed in the end of the battery box, I have a group 27 battery and there is plenty of room for the switch installation but I did put a couple of 2x2 inch blocks on each side of the switch to keep the battery from shifting and contacting the switch. I made all of the cut-outs in the battery box with a utility knife and after installation I ran a bead of RTV along the inside edge of the cut-outs. I checked the accuracy of the meter; the meter display read 12.0 v and my Fluke meter read 12.05 v. I tried to post a picture but think it is lost in cyber space. Terry M
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4340.JPG  

Old 05-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #2

Name: Terry
Trailer: Scamp 13
Illinois
Battery Disconnect Switch

I guess the picture did get attached, here is another view. TM
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4339.JPG  

Old 05-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry M View Post
I installed a Drok 0.40 waterproof digital volt meter and a Moller #042221910 battery disconnect switch on the battery box of my Scamp 13. Both $13 from Amazon. Easy installation, and both work great. I switched the positive battery lead and hooked the volt meter to the switch so I can turn everything off, including the meter LED display so it does not drain the battery even though it is very low ~ 0.4 milliamps draw. I installed the volt meter in the battery cover and spliced in a two pole trailer plug so I can disconnect the leads to remove the battery cover. The switch was installed in the end of the battery box, I have a group 27 battery and there is plenty of room for the switch installation but I did put a couple of 2x2 inch blocks on each side of the switch to keep the battery from shifting and contacting the switch. I made all of the cut-outs in the battery box with a utility knife and after installation I ran a bead of RTV along the inside edge of the cut-outs. I checked the accuracy of the meter; the meter display read 12.0 v and my Fluke meter read 12.05 v. I tried to post a picture but think it is lost in cyber space. Terry M
Very nice. Functional and simple.

Tags
battery