Before I try this? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #15
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Going down hill is easy with the dolly ...try it with the slight uphill grade on my driveway with a 17' in tow......I can do it but it`s a chore....looked at a battery powered dolly a couple of days that is a toy.....cost about $300 here ....guess I`ll continue moving the trailer manually if I have to, LOL...Benny

Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
My trailer is a pretty light 13'er. I'll find out how easy it is to move around on gravel in a couple months. I plan on making a gravel pad for it to sit on. I'll cover that with a nylon garage.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #17
Name: Alan
Trailer: Triple E Surf Side
Thanks for all the advice. Because my spot is fairly level I don't think I need a dolly - just need to fix the height so my wheel will work. I think I'm going to go with some kind of spacer. Maybe a carefully shaped piece of 2" oak or other hardwood. I'll try to post pictures once I've done it.
Thanks again.
Alan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #18
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
I think that the oak will work out well for you.....just need a center hole for the jack and three holes for the mounting bolts......paint the oak same color as your trailer tongue and I think it`ll look pretty good.....if it then fails to do what you want from it, you can always weld up a spacer.... good luck....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #19
Trailer: 1968 Eriba Puck
I have to back my 13' Burro into its storage area in my backyard through a gate that allows about 7" to 8" clearance on either side. In the past I had no problem as I could line it up for a straight run backwards. However, a weeping willow tree that I planted a little too close to the gate has grown so large that I no longer have enough room to line up for a straight run through the gate. Backing on a curve through a tight gate is becoming more difficult as the tree takes up more and more of my space. To deal with this, I now back the trailer up to the general vicinity of the gate, unhook it from the car, put the tongue on a dolly and attach a winch to the rear bumper (with the other end of the cable attached to a 4"x4" post set in concrete) and let the winch pull the trailer backwards as I steer it with the dolly. I wouldn't need the winch if it were on pavement and flat, but it is on grass with a slight upward incline. Fortunately, pulling the trailer out through the gate is no problem!

Bob Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote