Belly band won't go back on know what !? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #15
Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
ok damed band still wont screw on even filling holes with toothpicks and strong glue- i wasted a whole roll of burthyl tape and hours of my life and sanity.. i give up its getting bondo glassed~!!
but before i do....
that band for a Ventura is decorative like the others campers correcto?

Cheyanna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #16
Name: Guy
Trailer: Scamp
Okay don't panic, do you have any clamps? If you do use the clamps to hold the band on while you attach it. If not, get a friend, or neighbor or wife, etc. to hold the belly band on for you. NOW think outside the box, forget the former holes if they are an obstacle, you can always drill new holes next to or about an inch or two away from the originals. Lastly begin by getting one screw and locknut (or whatever your using.) into the frame, go to the middle of the band and screw another (make sure the belly band is tight) lastly go to the far end of the belly band and install another fastener (screw, etc.). Once you've done that than you can simply go about the belly band and screw the rest of the belly band securing it to the camper. Hope this helps, P.S. dont over tighten, once all the screws are in THAN go around the belly band and tighten them all.

neauone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #17
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
I think glassing it over is a good idea.

Not the same construction, but this is what I did:
My First Belly Band Thread
My Second Belly Band Thread
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #18
Name: Guy
Trailer: Scamp
Glassing can be a pain, i'm doing it right now. If you don't have any idea, it can bubble even if you do it correctly. It gets in your fingers and hurts the fibers are so fine, it itches like crazy. If its not a big deal, go to your local body repair place and ask some questions and see if someone would be willing to do it for you at a reasonable price. Your going to have to buy fiberglass, Resin, and hardner, prep the area you want it to adhere to, clean it with a solvent. Than do the work. Best to you.

neauone is offline   Reply With Quote