Berdick jalousie window seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
Berdick jalousie window seals

I've been searching all over this site trying to see if there is an actual list of seals and part numbers needed to replace all the old seals on my jalousie side windows for my boler. Does such a list exist? I am placing an order with Vintage T S but am not sure exactly which ones I need. Some of my seals are missing or ripped so I am not sure what they actually look like.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Post a picture of your window and, if possible the series model number. There are many different types used on these that I've seen. Mine are the 2 pane style. I've also seen the 3 pane style.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #3

Manitoba
Sorry, these are the best pics I have. They are the 2 pane
Attached Thumbnails
012.JPG   013.jpg  

Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #4

Manitoba
My profile pic might be a little better to look at.

From what I can see, it looks like the jalousie header and sill seal for top and bottom, the vinyl j seal for the sides that the windows close up against but I cant make out which seal is at the bottom of each individual window pane. I thought I read a discussion about the bulb seal but there is also the jalousie side and top seal, so I'm not quite sure if those would even work.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

New Hampshire
Here is what I am ordering for now from VTS. I determined what to order by getting samples of every seal they sell at $.50 each and comparing them to what I currently have:

For the bottom seal this is an exact match for mine and, based on the pictures, yours:
https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-692.htm

This is about twice as wide as the original Header seal. I will cut to fit if necessary:
https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-386.htm

I am getting this to replace my old screw covers which it looks like you don't have:
Hehr 4900 4901 Screw Cover

I'm not planning on removing the entire window just yet so I can't speak to the seals that are only accessible with the window removed. As soon as I get the supplies and have a chance to put them on, I will post pictures of the results.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #6

Manitoba
Awesome, thanks for the help. I never thought about ordering the screw covers. I think I will order those as well.
So the header seal for the top isn't the same as what is used for the bottom sill? Mine is totally ripped apart so I have no idea what it originally looked like.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #7

New Hampshire
Correct, the Header seal is more of a flap that covers the top hinge.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #8

New Hampshire
My individual panes do not have seals on the bottom. They fit flush when closed. I will see what happens after I replace the bottom seal.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #9

Manitoba
Here are a few more pics. They are upside down but the first 2 are the seal at the inside bottom of individual window and the last one is the vertical seal on the sides of the frame that the window sits against when closed.
Attached Thumbnails
20180614_130803.jpg   20180614_131032.jpg  

20180614_131201.jpg  
Old 06-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #10

New Hampshire
Well, my windows don't even have the track for that J seal! It looks like the right and left side seals use the same gasket as the bottom of the window does.

It looks like the J seal you have is a different size than either J Seal that VTS (Vintage Trailer Sales) has.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #11

New Hampshire
This place claims they can make any Gasket for any Vintage Camper windows. You have to know the make and model number of the window though.

Vintage Trailer Window Gaskets that Fit - Vintage Trailer Gaskets
Old 06-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #12

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Just a heads up, I found that if you use a heatgun or hair dryer on the old seals and heat them up really good then spray them with WD40 they slid right out easy peasy.. If you don't they break into several pieces and are a real pain in the putout...… Hope this helps..
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #13

Name: Cory
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
Try https://www.pellandent.com/

I agree with Randy on the heat and WD-40. Also may help on the reinstall.
Scoboatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #14

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Just a heads up, I found that if you use a heatgun or hair dryer on the old seals and heat them up really good then spray them with WD40 they slid right out easy peasy.. If you don't they break into several pieces and are a real pain in the putout...… Hope this helps..
Thanks for the heads up Randy. I think I might have lucked out there. Most of my seals slid out on their own when I took the window apart. I just have a couple left that are crimped on the ends that I need to pry apart. I did encounter a couple of longer screws that hold the actual frame together that didn't have heads on them so I need to figure out how to drill those out. They look fairly rusted in place so I'm hoping some 3 in 1 penetrating spray will help break the rust free.

I received my seals from Vintage on Monday. I ended up ordering both styles of J seal but I think I only need the vinyl J seal. Canada Post delivered my window operators from Camping Treasures. Thanks Ian. I can't believe how fast everything came.
Pictures and updates to come soon on my "bkboler renos" thread.