Big bed extension board question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Big bed extension board question

I have a scamp 13 big bed which comes with a smaller table and the bed extension board. I usually keep the bed in the down position most of the time. How, does everyone store the extra extension piece while traveling? I put it under one of the side cushions, but it sometimes falls out on bumpy roads. Also, with the table down and the bed made up, if i sit on the edge the extension board kind of lifts off at the back. I temporarily fixed this by using a ratcheting nylon strap to keep the extension board together with the table. Any other ideas?
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Attachment 120478There are lots of solutions. On my trailer, I built my Wraparound couch with a pedestal table.
A very simple solution would be to attach a piece of material ( steel, wood, or heavy plastic) to the back bottom edge of the filler piece.That would slip under the main table and prevent tipping.

Another idea would be to drill a small hole on the edge of each bench and install a small barrel bolt on each end of the filler.

Of course you could be sure and plant your backside further back from the edge when you sit down!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Attachment 120478There are lots of solutions. On my trailer, I built my Wraparound couch with a pedestal table.
A very simple solution would be to attach a piece of material ( steel, wood, or heavy plastic) to the back bottom edge of the filler piece.That would slip under the main table and prevent tipping.

Another idea would be to drill a small hole on the edge of each bench and install a small barrel bolt on each end of the filler.

Of course you could be sure and plant your backside further back from the edge when you sit down!
I was also thinking about putting a lip on the extension and having it go under the main table. What about storage for travel, where do people keep the extension board? I just figured out from another post about keeping the banana cushion behind the top bunk, i had been keeping it laying on the couch because i didn't know any better lol.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
In our Big Bed 13' Scamp, we position the extension under the table with our bedding folded and stored under it. We store our med. bag on top of it. with the extension back against the wall. four can still sit though a long meal in comfort.

When we are moving down the road, the table is down and the bed is set up. I have a small table built around a piece of 4" PVC that we use when we stop for a break. While traveling the small table stores on top of the bed.

BobH.
BobH. is offline   Reply With Quote