bigfoot 21 or 25 / or evergreen element - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #1

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
bigfoot 21 or 25 / or evergreen element

i have 2 yrs 4 mths till retirement, love the bigfoot, super interested in the new evergreen element (could purchase today with no financial strain), however if i wait 2 years can get one in low to mid 20's, and it appears to be one heck of a trailer. either way i could be happy with either i would think, might consider the new larger size escape if used price were right. really like the european design of the evergreen element manufactured in indiana my home state and have somewhat of an in with the owners.

still open to other brands but a 25 to 28 foot is my max size cause i will be at high altitude 90 % of my traveling time 8 to 12000 feet, 21 to 25 ft would be more ideal with a lift kit and over sized tired and rims dual axles

who knows we will see, still got a bit of time to make the decision
take care appreciate all input, i am a former spec designer for ford and gm trucks back in my fleet leasing days 30 years ago
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I believe Evergreen and the Element are no longer in production!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #3

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
I saw an Element for sale on eBay that sold for mid 20's. it was very nice. The fellow needed the money in a hurry.

They have changed the new models somewhat and now offer double axle versions. It seems the weight has gone up substantially. However I am going by memory.

I really like the Evergreen Element but weight is an important factor. I have also he's totaled on them because they talk about ceramic insulation but give no information on R Value. This is one reason I choose an older camper to restore. I want a cold weather camper.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #4

Name: Don
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Michigan
Hey William E.

Love those Brittanys, had one for 12 years as a kid.

On the topic you posted, I can't comment on anything but my experience with a 2005 BF 25RQ. I am very happy with my purchase (used), after owning a somewhat larger Airstream.

Based upon what you have stated, you may want to look closely at the distance between the bottom of the tank pipe assembly and the ground with the 25' BFs. Mine is very low and IMO there is not much room for off road travel.

Just a heads up.
strander100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #5

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
thanks for the input - i have been seeing commercials for the element with terry bradshaw - maybe i should give them a call

yes i have seen them used for a couple of years - in the mid to high 20,s

hadn,t thought of the clearance but something to look into - when i do go off road i will put a lift/axle kit of some sorts plus bigger rims/tires if feasable. also, i will not take it seriously off road i will be using my 4wd diesel titan to venture out into the real back country

i am one of the wierd ones if a bigfoot in the 21/25 i would like the frt bed, i have read about keeping water in tanks and some recalls about weight issues, swaying etc

yep love those brittanies-my new one isn't as bright as the former one but she is not as co dependent either - all dogs are good - just some bad owners out there

i can't type worth a %$#^, and rotator cuff surgery has not helped either
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Evergreen is still showing the Element line on their website. There are two sizes: a single-axle 24' and 20% heavier tandem-axle 26'. Both are lighter than similarly sized Bigfoot models, although I have not compared equipment or features.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot