Bigfoot 25RQ Black Tank ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 08:11 PM   #1

Name: Hugh
Trailer: Bigfoot
South Dakota
Bigfoot 25RQ Black Tank ?

We just bought a new to us 2018 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen. Wonderful trailer but I'm having trouble dumping the black tank. Very frustrating as we're living it it.

The gray tank dumps as expected. But when I pull the black handle no sewage is released. It seems the force to pull out and push in the handle is reasonable. The Previous Owner said the cable had been recently repaired. But it is as if the valve wasn't connected to the handle. The tank has about 3 1/2" "fluid" in it which should bring it over the outlet height?

In the Bigfoot the tanks are enclosed so they don't freeze. Very nice feature until you need access. So, tomorrow I'll start to pull covers to get to the black valve. I think the tanks mount sideways, black at the back of the trailer, gray in the middle, and the fresh furtherest forward. Then I think the valves are on the drivers side along with the sewer dump pipe. Can anyone confirm this? If anyone has any information I'd sure appreciate hearing from them.

The cover over the outlet pipe looks to have been removed, different caulk. There is also a flat cover about 18" on a side just ahead of this. This may also have been removed. I suspect this was done in repairing the black tank cable. Anyone know if this is an access panel to the valves.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Box Elder, SD
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #2

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thank you for posting. I have a 2019 BF 25RQ. No suggestions, but would like to follow. You may want to also post on the BF forum, although many members are camping so response will be slow.

Don’t forget , when you finally release the valve, you will get a deluge of black water. Good luck.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #3

Tennessee
Was just on BF forum, saw this/your post there.

You should call Grant at BF. He is the CEO. He will talk to you, or send email or text. He will respond. I will look up his number and post here.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #4

Tennessee
Grant Bilodeau: bigfoot@bigfootrv.com
Old 09-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #5

Tennessee
Grant’s telephone: 205-546-2155
Old 09-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #6

Name: Jon
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
We just bought a new to us 2018 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen. Wonderful trailer but I'm having trouble dumping the black tank. Very frustrating as we're living it it.

The gray tank dumps as expected. But when I pull the black handle no sewage is released. It seems the force to pull out and push in the handle is reasonable. The Previous Owner said the cable had been recently repaired. But it is as if the valve wasn't connected to the handle. The tank has about 3 1/2" "fluid" in it which should bring it over the outlet height?

In the Bigfoot the tanks are enclosed so they don't freeze. Very nice feature until you need access. So, tomorrow I'll start to pull covers to get to the black valve. I think the tanks mount sideways, black at the back of the trailer, gray in the middle, and the fresh furtherest forward. Then I think the valves are on the drivers side along with the sewer dump pipe. Can anyone confirm this? If anyone has any information I'd sure appreciate hearing from them.

The cover over the outlet pipe looks to have been removed, different caulk. There is also a flat cover about 18" on a side just ahead of this. This may also have been removed. I suspect this was done in repairing the black tank cable. Anyone know if this is an access panel to the valves.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you checked with the previous owners? They seem pretty reasonable and may have info as to what kind of repair was done on the black tank, and who did it so you might be able to get a better idea?
(Sorry if I am being Capt. Obvious here. Just a thought.)
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #7

South Dakota
Henry:

I did contact Grant and received a very prompt and helpful email. Impressive.

He confirmed the access panel I found give access to the black valve. It's maybe 18" x 12" and located on the drivers side over the front axle.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Was just on BF forum, saw this/your post there.
You should call Grant at BF. He is the CEO. He will talk to you, or send email or text. He will respond. I will look up his number and post here.
Box Elder, SD
Old 09-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #8

South Dakota
Capt. Obvious :-)

I talked with her about it when we picked up the trailer. I'm sure she knew it was a cable problem and it was fixed, but no details. It is a good idea though. Since I hadn't thought of this, it's not THAT obvious.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
Have you checked with the previous owners? They seem pretty reasonable and may have info as to what kind of repair was done on the black tank, and who did it so you might be able to get a better idea?
(Sorry if I am being Capt. Obvious here. Just a thought.)
Box Elder, SD
Old 09-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #9

South Dakota
I think we've solved the problem. It wasn't the problem I thought it was, but we tracked it down.

I wasn't too worried about being able to fix the valve once I found it, but where's Waldo? I got a response from Grant at Bigfoot and learned the square cover I'd found was the access panel for the black valve. It is located on the drivers side over the front axle,on the 25RQ. I removed it this morning and lo and behold there was the black valve as large as life.

I used the knowledge gained from U-Tube to pull the valve cable mount. It was attached and looked OK. It seemed the knife blade was moving in and out, the valve seemed to work. At that point we thought it might be a plugged pipe. Ran a hose with nozzle up the sewer outlet till it hit the valve, opened the valve and pushed the hose onward, proving the valve works. We spent some time with the hose and nozzle along with a plumbers snake. All the while catching flow in a bucket. Must have worked slowly 'cuz there was no gush of "fluid" from the tank. But we did get many buckets full. Finally looked down the toilet and the tank seemed empty. So we filled it about 1/3 using a cleaning wand. This dumped as it should, so we are a success. Put the panel back and we're ready to go. Thankfully I didn't have to remove the valve with a partially full tank, now that would have made for a bad day.

I did learn, for sure, that the black tank flush is not functioning. But we can live without that for some time.

Thank you for the insight and help.

Life is good.
Box Elder, SD
Old 09-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #10

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Really appreciate you posting the solution to your issue many times people ask and never come back saying what they found to resolve the issue.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot