Bigfoot cabinets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2004 17ft CB 1500 Bigfoot
British Columbia
Question Bigfoot cabinets

Hello fellow travellers, Another question about my newly acquired 17CB Bigfoot. Does anyone know where to get the veneer (photo finish in honey oak) paper used on the styles and rails of the cabinets? The doors are oak but the rest is a paper that has appeared to be torn off in a couple of spots. I would like to bring it back to looking new. Cannot seem to find it on the world wide web. Has anyone repaired this cosmetic issue? I would like to hear from you. With thanks, trapper
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I got "oak" tape from Escape to repair ( obscure ) a couple tears in my trailer. It would have come from the same place in Calgary that sells the "oak" lauan panels they use. See website and try to match. Works well. Not sure if they do retail.
Lauan Panels
Old 10-05-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2004 17ft CB 1500 Bigfoot
British Columbia
Smile Bigfoot cabinets

Thanks Glen, was not sure the technical name of the covering ( wood grain printed plastic paper) so difficult to source out. Found a roll on amazon.ca, more than I need but $13 and free delivery with "Prime" has it arriving next week. Cheers, trapper
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Like other repairs, the patch is less visible if not cut square. ( any one side should not be parallel to the other ).
Old 11-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Does anybody know if you can if you can paint over that fake wood paper on the cabinets? If so what kind of paint?
Wooleysteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot