Bigfoot parts? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft 1991 Bigfoot
Has anyone ordered parts for a Bigfoot?

I am trying to replace a fender and tail light for my 17' bigfoot. The fender was damaged when my wheel exploded and took out the plumbing and fender. The plumbing was standard RV stuff but the fender is Bigfoot-special.

I tried E-mailing the closest Bigfoot dealer in IL and the one I dealt with in Oregon but neither responded. So I sent an E-mail to the factory but they just sent me to the dealer in IL. Tried to call the IL dealer but just got a message machine and left a message several weeks ago. Still no response.

Any suggestions?

- Joe
Joe Mielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Call the factory back and tell them you haven't been able to make contact with IL dealer. Don't be afraid to be a bit forceful. (Squeeky wheel and all).
Old 06-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
Quote:
Has anyone ordered parts for a Bigfoot?

I am trying to replace a fender and tail light for my 17' bigfoot. The fender was damaged when my wheel exploded and took out the plumbing and fender. The plumbing was standard RV stuff but the fender is Bigfoot-special.

I tried E-mailing the closest Bigfoot dealer in IL and the one I dealt with in Oregon but neither responded. So I sent an E-mail to the factory but they just sent me to the dealer in IL. Tried to call the IL dealer but just got a message machine and left a message several weeks ago. Still no response.

Any suggestions?

- Joe
Me too....

I need to replace the TV antenna and the assist bar of my Bigfoot, so, I've e-mailed the Bigfoot people, but did not get any response from them... I've e-mailed a few Bigfoot dealer. The first one did not respond, and the second one, offered me to trade in my current Bigfoot, for a 2006 Bigfoot, instead....

I replied: Do you have parts for the 2006 model? He did not respond...

Basically, as a Bigfoot owner, it seems you're on your own once the warranty expires....

I dunno about the fender of the Bigfoot, but i found this for the tail lights:

http://www.bargman.com/catalog.pdf

Good luck.

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 17 ft / Touareg V8
Try campingcountryrv.com. They are the number 1 Bigfoot dealer in the U.S. and are nice to work with.
JOHN PAUL EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Whenever I've e-mailed the factory I've received responses from a guy named Mark,(in customer service) This fellow is rude and very unfriendly. I've gotten fed up more than once and finally told him where he could put his attitude.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You might try the BigFoot Owners Club International. Perhaps someone there could point to a RELIABLE parts resource
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #7

Trailer: 17 ft 1991 Bigfoot
Angry

Donna,

I just can not see spending $20 to join a forum when I can chat here for free!

I guess I am just to cheep to join without knowing what I am getting on their forums.

- Joe
Joe Mielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna,

I just can not see spending $20 to join a forum when I can chat here for free!

I guess I am just to cheep to join without knowing what I am getting on their forums.

- Joe
Totally agree Joe, that's what's so cool about being here...it's FREE!! But, figured it was worth a try. And, just like here, you can lurk at BigFoot owners...just can't post until you become a member.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Try here too

Adventure RV
233 Hamner Road
Norco, CA 92860

(951) 582-9101
(866) 582-9101(toll free)
(951) 582-9528 (fax)

They have always been nice when I went in there, even knowing I wasn't going to buy a unit today.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
Graham&Sandra

I wouldn't even bother with BOCI - there is nothing there but folks who own ginormous, brand-new trailers and motorhomes and they aren't in need of parts and service. We wasted the $20 to join and we'll never do it again.

Interestingly, though, we've had reasonably good luck with getting info on parts and then getting them ordered thru a local dealer.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Whenever I've e-mailed the factory I've received responses from a guy named Mark,(in customer service) This fellow is rude and very unfriendly. I've gotten fed up more than once and finally told him where he could put his attitude.

Paul
++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I had my Bigfoot 17, I tried to get information from the factory (which actually is here in British Columbia), but no answer. When asked about tongue weight, again no answer. I saw a rep. at an RV show and he was of very little assistance. I asked for an owners manual for a 1996 and they sent me a manual for a new model. I may consider buying another Bigfoot, but I am not pleased with customer service.

Rick B
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot
I would keep calling.My dealing with them had not been keen until I made a pest of myself.Donot call after noon on Friday because they go to lunch and forget to return.
DAVID K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot