Bigfoot rockguard pins - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 1994 Bigfoot 21 ft
Greetings,

I am new to this post and i feel like i should introduce myself - i am sure that will unravel over time....

I bought my bigfoot in January of this year and have been updating/tweaking it ever since. One item I am having trouble tracking down is the two aluminum 'pins' (i am sure there is a specific name for them) that lock the front window rock guard down against the trailer.

Also, while on this topic of rock guard, if anyone out there knows where i can find the trim piece that goes around the rockguard (vinyl i presume) to protect the edge of the lid from rubbing against the trailer when closed.

Oh, my bigfoot is a 1994 21 foot.

thanks!

simon
Simon B Astin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot
Hi, We tried to replace these pins last year with no luck. We contacted Bigfoot and they sent us to one of their dealers but we were told that the product was no longer available. The dealer told us that He had seen some people use an alternate pin but could not help me locate one. If there is a suggestion out there we are also interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning_Pin.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	12684
Donna & Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
That makes three of us. Our new-to-us 2003 BF is also missing one. Hope somebody knows a source.
Tony and Darlene (mt_horebites)
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1994 Bigfoot 21 ft
Quote:
That makes three of us. Our new-to-us 2003 BF is also missing one. Hope somebody knows a source.
Tony and Darlene (mt_horebites)
I may have a lead on a 'guy on the inside'...if you know what i mean (the factory is 15 minutes from my house). I hope there's no hit out on me now.

Mine is a little bit different from the above photo. I can get those from my local distributor http://www.rosmanrv.com/

will let you guys know. my 'guy' is calling me wednesday.

simon
Simon B Astin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
I'm still interested in the rock guard "pins" that Donna and Chris show or if anyone else can give more precise information for ordering. Simon-any luck with your "inside" guy?
Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #6

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Tony, my new Littlefoot needs one pin replaced, so now I've been keeping my eyes open. An older sticky I saw while out walking the other day seemed to have a similar, if not the same, type of pin. Maybe scrounging some up from a trailer graveyard would pan out for you? That's what I'm going to try.

BTW the PO drilled a hole through the whole assembly and put a metal pin through it horizontally as a fix. Seems to function fine, just not the original design.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
if anyone out there knows where i can find the trim piece that goes around the rockguard (vinyl i presume) to protect the edge of the lid from rubbing against the trailer when closed.

Oh, my bigfoot is a 1994 21 foot.

thanks!

simon
If not your RV supply store then I suggest a motorcycle dealer that has a body or repair shop. It comes in rolls and you can pay by the foot.
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Simon-any luck with your "inside" guy?
Tony and Darlene
Simon was last logged in to FiberglassRV on 12th May 2008 - 11:43 PM. However, if you click on his name in the post, it will take you to his profile where there's a link to send him an e-mail. Maybe you'd like to try and get in touch with him that way?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 1993 17 ft Bigfoot
I'd also be interested in finding one of these pins.. I too am in need of one. Thanks.
LeanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:27 AM   #10

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
I know this is ancient, but for those googling like I am, this eventually turned out to be a possible source of these: https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-808.htm
jeffwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #11

Name: peter
Trailer: Bigfoot B17
British Columbia
Spring Latches for front window rockguard

You may have solved your problem on the lack of availability on these Spring Latches but if not try your friendly next door Auto Wreckers! I have stripped many parts off trailers at these places. Not all have wrecked trailers but the ones that do are a gold mine!!!
pter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #12

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I solved this problem a few years ago, and forgot to share. My bad. I can't post photos because I did not take any and I sold the trailer. I found the necessary parts to make them on Amazon and my local hardware store. 1/8 X 1/8 X 1 aluminum angle is needed for the base bracket and stainless "jam nuts" are readily available. also. Amazon sells

WN 717.10 Series Stainless Steel Non Lock-Out Type Stubby Hand Retractable Spring Plunger with Pull Ring, 1/2"-13 Thread, 0.56" Thread Length

and with a little hacksaw work and some drilling and file work I made something that works better than the original. These spring plungers are stainless steel and worked very well.

I wish I had photos, but it was pretty easy to fabricate replacements
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:05 PM   #13

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I cant get the link to work but if you go to the Amazon website and enter WN 717.10 you should get it.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 AM   #14

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Does anyone have a sample of the pins. I have a machine shop and could make a few up. Not sure if the ones you all are looking for are the same as my 1989 Bigfoot.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot