Biggar trailer owners... where art thou? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Greetings! I'm starting this as its own thread because alas, Biggar trailers and their owners are a rare breed. I am the new owner to an old 1979 Biggar and wanting to make gradual updates and modifications to it as time goes by. I'd love to see pictures of your trailer, hear what you've done to it, how you've solved problems etc!

Aside from a hose burst & subfloor flood that required a quick 15 minute fix, my trailer appears in decent condition. Does anyone have original owners' manuals to it or its appliances? Have you modified anything? I'm wanting to tackle the following:
  • add a bunk for a child - apparently some Biggars had a stock bunk... was it over the couch area?
  • add more counter space - remove the stove/oven and replace with small 2-burner? maybe add a slide-out counter under the fridge?
  • redo entire kitchen lower cabinet, adding more drawers & replacing doors/drawerfronts (by the way, if you'd like the original stock doors, let me know and I'll pop them off for you)
  • add solar!
  • change the layout to create a dedicated bed... has anyone done this? My issue is that dang bathroom door that forces you to keep a hallway of floor space to access it, thereby limiting your bed size. Ideas?
  • replace faucet with small bar faucet.
  • um... lotsa other stuff!
Let me know if you've got a Biggar so we can share notes!

Cass

Yours may be big but mine's always biggar

** Pics taken the day we brought it home for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
biggar___IMG_3482.jpg   biggar___IMG_3489.jpg  

biggar___IMG_3507.jpg  
Casandra F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Casandra, these are members I've found that own/owned Biggar trailers:

Gary Nelson
Manitoba Paul
Russ a Manitoba
Fraser8
each link will take you to the individual's profile. From there you can send an e-mail (if not set to private), or PM.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #3

Gee tanx! You can remove Fraser8's name off the list, as he's who I bought mine from. So it looks like there's just 4 of us all together. *sigh* A lonely breed.

Quote:
Casandra, these are members I've found that own/owned Biggar trailers:

Gary Nelson
Manitoba Paul
Russ a Manitoba
Fraser8
each link will take you to the individual's profile. From there you can send an e-mail (if not set to private), or PM.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #4

I could, but as I mentioned before that is a listing of those that own or owned Biggar trailers. Fraser8 really needs to remove that info from his profile in order for that information to not come up in a search by RV type.

AND, if someone put in 1984 Biggar in the RV type field.... search by RV type will not pull up the profile. It's one of the limitations unfortunately. However, if someone was searching for all RVs by 1984 date... it would come up....
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
.......I should B.C. n Fraser this Saturday at an auto swap meet Donna, any advice I should pass on to him with regards to the Biggar and his profile??

He still has another baby egg, so he'll still want to keep in touch, I'm sure.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #6

Oh Doug, do give him a big squishee hug for me when you see him.

Quote:
.......I should B.C. n Fraser this Saturday at an auto swap meet Donna, any advice I should pass on to him with regards to the Biggar and his profile??

Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #7

Quote:

Just that he can change it through "My Controls." I can do it for him, but don't like messing with folks profiles without permission to do so....
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Casandra, LOL

As close as I am to Fraser.....I wouldn't even attempt anything like that, you'll B.Cc'n him at our next meet in Sept. Can you wait that long to give him a 'snuggly', LOL!!!!!

Yes Donna its best if he make whatever changes he needs to make to his profile. I guess I best remind him he doesn't own the Jewel any more and maybe he might consider deleting reference to that fact in his profile.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #9

Trailer: Biggar and Trillium
I purchased a Biggar last fall.. The optional bunk had been removed from the trailer, but I still have it. Also have the owners manual for the trailer and all appliances. It is in very good condition but isn't shinning as much as your unit. Unfortunatly it appears that I will not be keeping the unit. we were going to park it at a seasonal sight, as we also have a 15 foot Trillium.; however my wife decided that if we were going to park a unit we might as well go large and she bought a 30 footer with a bump out. Can't rationalize keeping three trailers. I would be happy to email you copies of the manuals.

Gary
Gary Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #10

Hey Gary... so great to meet another biggar family and I'd love to see PICTURES of your unit before you have to bid it farewell. I would particularly like to see pics of the optional bunk, how it was constructed, how it fit into the trailer, etc. The longer I sit in there & stare at the decor, the greater my plans become for renovation... *sigh* Alas, all I've done thus far is:
  • took down the curtains
  • put the table up & down a couple times
  • fixed a popped off water hose that caused a subfloor flood
  • grumbled about how someone could ever cut the original fiberglass cupboard frames to install a microwave
I have obviously not been very productive so far. Yes yes yes I'd be eternally grateful to receive copies of your manuals. I think I have my profile set up to receive emails now through this site. Cheers!

Quote:
I purchased a Biggar last fall.. The optional bunk had been removed from the trailer, but I still have it. Also have the owners manual for the trailer and all appliances. It is in very good condition but isn't shining as much as your unit. Unfortunatly it appears that I will not be keeping the unit. we were going to park it at a seasonal sight, as we also have a 15 foot Trillium.; however my wife decided that if we were going to park a unit we might as well go large and she bought a 30 footer with a bump out. Can't rationalize keeping three trailers. I would be happy to email you copies of the manuals.

Gary

Tags
biggar