Black out curtains for trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #29
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
I redid my curtains over the winter and used a thermal drape lining - it works well at blocking the light and I hope it also stops the fabric from fading to fast. It has a bit of a poly/plastic coating on the window side that stops it from sucking up the condensation which I hope will stop the curtains from molding as well. I checked the window side of the curtains one morning last week-end when we had a far bit of condensation on the inside of the windows and the fabric was dry.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #30
Name: Hilda and Michael
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Window ideas

Thank you so very much for sending all the excellent pictures of your windows. It helps us a great deal. We are busy using all of your ideas and am thrilled that I will be able to get a decent nights sleep! Many thanks for all your assistance.
In 2 wks. we will camp at Salt Creek Park near Port Angeles. Will let you know how it all works out. We can't wait to use our new Scamp! Hilda and Michael
Originally Posted by Penney H. & Mike E. View Post
Has anyone ever made black out cloth curtains for their trailer? I'd love to hear different ideas for covering windows.

The Escape has blinds that prevent hanging curtains, unless I take the blinds down. The blinds DO NOT make it very dark in the trailer even though they do give privacy. The wall covering is not something I want to go sticking things on. I tried magnets to hold up the fabric on the metal frame of the blinds (window frame is plastic) but that didn't work. I'm thinking of velcro but dubious, though it may be my only option besides just hanging it and trying to tuck it in. I am a poor sleeper and really need to make it darker in the trailer as it is light by 4:30, and it soon it will be even earlier.

Thought I'd see what other folks have done to resolve this......

michaelhilda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #31
Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Originally Posted by michaelhilda1 View Post
In 2 wks. we will camp at Salt Creek Park near Port Angeles. Will let you know how it all works out. We can't wait to use our new Scamp! Hilda and Michael
Hilda & Michael - you are practically neighbors! Salt Creek is a wonderful campground. We went there on our "maiden" voyage in our Escape. You can see pictures of it on my travel web site (see below in my signature).

Have a wonderful time and I hope the curtains work out for you.

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." -- Lao Tzu

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #32
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Light-blocking curtains

Our old curtains were shot, so I needed to make some replacements and wanted light-blocking properties for camping in our Alaskan summers. I found some fabric to coordinate with the new seat cushion covers, and used it with some light-blocking stuff from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1238.jpg   DSCN1239.jpg  

Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #33
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
black out curtains

I bought 2 blackout curtains from Target-cut out window sizes, two pieces for each window. Then I sewed them together. I then sewed strips of sew on velcro along the edges of the curtain. I made them narrower than the stick on pieces. I bought sticky back industrial velcro and cut strips that fit around the window. Wait a day or two before attacing curtains-it gives the stick on velcro a chance to attach better. We have blinds on the windows so I had to make the curtains large enough to fit around the blinds and windows. When we wake up I just pull the curtains off. I also did the same thing for our ceiling vent.
Works for us-hope this help you-the Clarks.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #34
Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
I just saw the cutest red lantern looking clock on the inside of a fiberglass trailer and now can't find it. Want to know where to buy!!!!!!!!!!! Marg

Marg is offline   Reply With Quote