Black water tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Escape... exScamp 19 both great trailers
Wisconsin
Black water tank

Hi all,
Been thinking about adding a black water tank under our 19’ Scamp fifth wheel. I’ve got plenty of room height wise as I am running 15” tires and rims. The toilet has a small reservoir a couple gallons I assume. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated
JR
Jm Rintel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm Rintel View Post
Hi all,
Been thinking about adding a black water tank under our 19’ Scamp fifth wheel. I’ve got plenty of room height wise as I am running 15” tires and rims. The toilet has a small reservoir a couple gallons I assume. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated
JR
Your black water tank is 9 gallons. I have a friend who built an ingenious mod for his 5er Scamp which he calls "potty plus". PM me with your phone number and I will put you in touch with him.
It may be just what you want.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Your black water tank is 9 gallons. I have a friend who built an ingenious mod for his 5er Scamp which he calls "potty plus". PM me with your phone number and I will put you in touch with him.
It may be just what you want.
I would like to see that mod posted on here Floyd . I want to add an RV toilet to my Boler wetbath and get rid of the porta potty but I am afraid the frame will interfere
Old 10-15-2017, 10:42 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I'm not sure why they did it that way, but from what I saw where the bathroom was in a 13', and in my current 17', the black tank is actually mounted on top of the subfloor. Not sure what the reasoning is. If I ever have to replace it, it's going to be a chore and a half! I put a new toilet in and it's so high off the floor now you can swing your feet if you want!
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
I'm not sure why they did it that way, but from what I saw where the bathroom was in a 13', and in my current 17', the black tank is actually mounted on top of the subfloor. Not sure what the reasoning is. If I ever have to replace it, it's going to be a chore and a half! I put a new toilet in and it's so high off the floor now you can swing your feet if you want!
I believe it is for the same reason, the frame is directly underneath where the toilet is preventing a black tank from being mounted directly underneath. Ground clearance is another issue on the 13' model