Boler 13 Floor ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Boler
Wa
Boler 13 Floor ideas

What did you do to the floor your trailer ? Padding , carpet or paint . Any ideas ?
Thintizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Floating laminate.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think the question is less about what others have done and more about you and your camping style and flooring needs. Is carpet going to be a problem because of kids/dogs, wet environment? Is vinyl a better choice because it's easier to clean for you? Is the floor in good enough shape that laminate may work? If you're looking for something in between all that, epoxy paint and runners would work well.

BTW: I camp alone with no pets and I can't wait to pull up the carpet and it WON'T be replaced with more carpet... YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #4

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
The PO of my Boler installed floating laminate flooring right over the carpet. Even though the floor surface is hard there is still lots of give. I like the ease of cleaning and the looks of laminate. Since trailer floors are so small, price really is not much of a barrier. If I re-did my floor I might choose hardwood or bamboo flooring. Cork flooring would be nice and cushy and warm to the touch. Laminate tile would really dress up a floor. It would be hard to go wrong with Linoleum because it resists water damage so well. Your choice we can't make it for you!
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #5

Name: Jimnval
Trailer: 76 Trillium
Ontario
My wife and I are thinking about installing laminate floor in our 13ft trillium,we have some left over bamboo from a reno job in the house but i'm concerned about the weight
Tipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Tipsy, the floor area is so small that you shouldn't worry about the weight. I also had leftover flooring from my house in Texas so it was a bonus to just use it in the egg.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
The floor on our Boler is fiberglass and we have covered it with rubber backed carpeting cut from a piece purchased at a mill end store[8x10, $40]. The pieces of metal trim at the door and at the step under the table area hold it well in place and by removing four screw in each we can easily remove the carpeting for cleaning or replacement. The leftover pieces we used to line the floor in the seat areas. We feel that it adds some protection from road bumps and possibly a bit of insulation too. Feels good on the bare feet on a frosty morning and my home shop vac removes any sand after a weekend of camping at the beach.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I have bamboo flooring in mine, I think it looks really nice. . If I had to do it over I would use something lighter weight possibly the Allure vinyl. Or I might just leave it. Mine has the pebble finish fiberglass.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #9

Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
I'm a big fan of padded vinyl flooring in an RV. Its water proof (provided you seal the edges), flexes with the trailer frame and has a little cushion when you step on it. The stuff is almost impossible to tear, won't wrinkle and cuts like butter.
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Homelet's floor

We noticed that the gel coat under the carpeting was getting scratched from sand, etc. so we installed stick-on type floor tiles. It was easy to do and since you are only dealing with one square foot at a time, trimming, if required, was simple.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler