Boler 74 Coleman stove 2202C6015 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #1

Name: Annie
Trailer: 1974 13' Boler
Ontario
Boler 74 Coleman stove 2202C6015

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm at my wits end with trying to remove the stove top in my Boler so I can clean the top and the rusted box. I can't get it off! I've googled my heart out and still, nothing. A neighbour came over to help. Nothing. The grates just sit on the top and come off easily. I don't see any screws anywhere (except when I try to lift the whole thing out, I can see that it's screwed to the counter top).
I've stuck a flashlight as far in as I can tell and I think I see on each side that the top may be somehow clipped to the box. But, I can't get close to those clips and I can't stick anything in there to reach them. I've been yanking at the top and it just doesn't budge.
Please tell me there's a simple solution that I'm missing?
Boler74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1973 13' Boler
Ontario
My 73 has a single large screw on each side that holds the top on. After that, to get the whole unit out I have to first disconnect the gas line. That loosens it enough to allow me to pull it out a bit so I can get to the clips.
Keaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
The top cover is just pushed onto a couple protruding bits (not sure what to call them) You just pull it off. I would suspect your's might be a bit rusted on and won't give up to easily. Maybe pull up till you can see them and give them a shot of WD40 then pry up.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #4

Name: Annie
Trailer: 1974 13' Boler
Ontario
Thank you! I shoved a screwdriver into the side and managed to yank it up. I think someone before me may have squeezed the little clamps too much, making it really hard to remove the top. Onto the next puzzle...
Boler74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Glad I could help. And yes, lots of puzzles. I have often gone to bed not sure how to do something on the trailer. Then I wake up with an idea of how to do it. Obviously I am dreaming bolers too!!!
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler