Boler Door and front window trim - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler (Triple E Honey)
Does anyone know the make of the white "rubber" trim that goes around the door and the front window cover on a 1973 Boler? I remember reading on here once (should have written it down) that the manufacturer was still in business. My moulding is very old and dry and I would love to replace it if I could find the same (or similar) stuff again. Also, What about the thin rubber gasket that runs around the inside of the metal frame on the same window on the door and above the stove?

One final question.... Do scamp hinges work on a Boler to realign the door? Mine is sagging lots and I was considering fiberglassing over the old holes and redrilling new ones to fix the alignment problem. Do you think this would work?

Lori
Lori Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: Boler 1975 13 ft
California
Quote:
What about the thin rubber gasket that runs around the inside of the metal frame on the same window on the door and above the stove?
Just got this message back from Heir window after questioning the via the web!

"Guess what! I just showed this picture to our head of engineering who has been with us for over 50 years. He says the gasket you need is 009-111. You can order this from Interstate Metal."

Ordred it via phone (think it was .50 a foot) 800-587-3463

Roy
Roy Massen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:30 AM   #3

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
You may also find it at this site.

http://www.trimlok.com/
Craig Nold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:

Thanks so much, I'll look into ordering some for my door...

Lori
Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:

Craig,

Do you know the Trimlok part number?

Thanks

Lori
Old 06-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler
Lori;

I found a few different trim profiles at West Marine. They had a couple of sizes of white or black that people use on the fiberglass edges of their boats. Most of it was packaged in managable 25' lengths.

Did you have any luck with the door window gasket?
gregshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Hi Lori,

I just ordered some of the trim for the door opening last week. I ordered from McPhail's RV in Harriston. It's not in their catalogue but after describing it and being shown several other types they finally came up with it. I don't think it is a stock item for them because they placed an order for 15 feet for me.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Lori;

I found a few different trim profiles at West Marine. They had a couple of sizes of white or black that people use on the fiberglass edges of their boats. Most of it was packaged in managable 25' lengths.

Did you have any luck with the door window gasket?
I ordered 8 ft of the gasket today and they are sending it by UPS. I'll let you know if it is the right stuff when it arrives. It was only $0.55 a foot.

Is West Marine in Vancouver? I am wondering if I can order some of the door trim from them if they are willing to ship it to me in Burlington, Ontario. Was there a size in the white which looked like it would fit the door opening?

Thanks fro the help.

Lori
Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Hi Lori,

I just ordered some of the trim for the door opening last week. I ordered from McPhail's RV in Harriston. It's not in their catalogue but after describing it and being shown several other types they finally came up with it. I don't think it is a stock item for them because they placed an order for 15 feet for me.

Where is Harriston? Sorry I'm new to Southern Ontario...... Have you tried the trim on your trailer yet? If it fits well, please let me know how I can contact McPhail's to place an order.

I am also looking for someone in Southern Ontario to sew new seat covers for me. I got a quote of $550.00 for labour which included the piping but was hoping to find some place that was a bit cheaper.

Thanks for all the help....

Lori
Old 06-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Where is Harriston? Sorry I'm new to Southern Ontario......
Google Maps shows it here.

Sorry the link is zoomed in a little too much, you will have to zoom out a couple of views to get the big picture.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Hi Lori,

Harriston is about an hour north of Guelph. They said it would take about 2 weeks to get the trim. I'll let you know how it fits when I get it. We saw a piece when we were there and I'm sure it is the same as the original. You can look up McPhails on their web site, not positive but I think it's www.mcphails.on.ca. They have a parts and accessories catalogue online. Some interesting things in there. I changed the web address it's correct now.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #12

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
You can go to a local auto upholstery shop, and they will give you, or sell you, some Trimlock, depending on how much you need
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #13

Name: Drew
Trailer: 72 Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Appleyard View Post
Does anyone know the make of the white "rubber" trim that goes around the door and the front window cover on a 1973 Boler? I remember reading on here once (should have written it down) that the manufacturer was still in business. My moulding is very old and dry and I would love to replace it if I could find the same (or similar) stuff again. Also, What about the thin rubber gasket that runs around the inside of the metal frame on the same window on the door and above the stove?

One final question.... Do scamp hinges work on a Boler to realign the door? Mine is sagging lots and I was considering fiberglassing over the old holes and redrilling new ones to fix the alignment problem. Do you think this would work?

Lori
I've got a 72 with scamp hinges, work great. To avoid future sagging, we have a metal brace shaped to the boler and anchored the hinges thru that.
-ive seen the reinforcement mods posted somewhere on here if you want more detail
Cheers
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler