Boler door handle replacement - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #15

Name: KJ
Trailer: none
Oregon
HI Alli,

Did you see the review of VTS 167 by the folks from BC. on the web site Donna posted? Keith

Old 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #16

Name: Alli
Trailer: 1974 Boler
British Columbia
the latch that is on the door right now looks different - like a T handle on the outside. i read that review and am assuming i could probably use the L but because it's different now i'm a bit nervous about it. i didn't want to remove the thing until i had a new one to replace it but maybe i need to to do some measurements instead of just eyeballin.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #17

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAlli
the latch that is on the door right now looks different - like a T handle on the outside. i read that review and am assuming i could probably use the L but because it's different now i'm a bit nervous about it. i didn't want to remove the thing until i had a new one to replace it but maybe i need to to do some measurements instead of just eyeballin.
The review was actually from us...forgot we wrote one! Maybe Alli you can post a picture of the latch?

Could it have been previously replaced? In which case it may not be the same as ours. We have the Canned Ham Door latch on the inside coupled with the Locking L handle on the outside. These were the originals on our trailer and the VTS parts we replaced. The only difference is that the original lock on the inside was comprised of a pin and slot type lock and on the new latch there is a "locking trigger", which is a little switch type lock.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm betting Alli, the T handle you currently have is a replacement... from a garage door. That's what's on my trailer! I replaced the broken L handle. Same shaft size with the T handle, except I had to cut off about 3". YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #19

Name: Alli
Trailer: 1974 Boler
British Columbia
we decided to go with the canned ham door right hand door latch for the inside and the locking L for the outside. these, for all appearances, should work
ordered last night from vintage and they are already on their way so by next weekend or so (fingers crossed) we'll have them installed. yay!
Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #20

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAlli
we decided to go with the canned ham door right hand door latch for the inside and the locking L for the outside. these, for all appearances, should work
ordered last night from vintage and they are already on their way so by next weekend or so (fingers crossed) we'll have them installed. yay!
Good Choice

Tags
boler