Boler Door Seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
RLP

Name: Rick
Trailer: 72 Boler
British Columbia
Boler Door Seal

I have a 1972 Boler and I made a few adjustments to get the door lined up (still off a bit). I removed the old seal which was a sticky back 1/4" x 1" black foam strip. Now I need to install a new door seal.

What was originally on these Bolers and what is a suitable replacement seal? When closed my door does not sit an equal distance from the body all around - varies from almost touching (below the latch) to 3/8 inch away at one top corner (hinge side).

Thanks in advance.
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I think the Scamp parts on line can help.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLP View Post
I have a 1972 Boler and I made a few adjustments to get the door lined up (still off a bit). I removed the old seal which was a sticky back 1/4" x 1" black foam strip. Now I need to install a new door seal.

What was originally on these Bolers and what is a suitable replacement seal? When closed my door does not sit an equal distance from the body all around - varies from almost touching (below the latch) to 3/8 inch away at one top corner (hinge side).

Thanks in advance.
I don't know what was original but what I used was the side-door seal from a mini-van at the PnP. I searched around for one that was big enough to handle those very same variances.

Good luck!
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I use heavy density foam tape weatherstrip - closed cell (1/2 thick by 3/4 wide) bought two packages at Lowes... it's 10 feet long. Peel and stick, cheap enough to replace as needed.

Says it's minimal compression for tight seal between smooth surfaces.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #5

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Living in Canada the cold weather makes the weatherstrip freeze to frame and door. Removing striping now and adding new hinge bolds; will fill holes with epoxy putty then will re-drill and align door to original placement. Still to cold to do the putty part but hope will be warm enough soon. Getting tired of the snow. Hope to fix draft with proper alignment as original seal looks fine.

Tags
boler