boler door window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #1

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
boler door window

when I purchased my 72 boler the door needed the correct hinges to be installed on the door. took it to a friend who has a body shop. A p.o.had installed a solid window and did a bad job the door was cracked and the window was broke it was a real odd slze I coild not find any information on that size of window .So my friend repaired the door and filled in the area of the window. I have a 6 x 18 inch window that came out of another boler. I would like to know the length of screw and if they go into wood strip on the inside? what size wood strips. have not seen a good picture of this window on the inside of a boler door.
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey45385 View Post
when I purchased my 72 boler the door needed the correct hinges to be installed on the door. took it to a friend who has a body shop. A p.o.had installed a solid window and did a bad job the door was cracked and the window was broke it was a real odd slze I coild not find any information on that size of window .So my friend repaired the door and filled in the area of the window. I have a 6 x 18 inch window that came out of another boler. I would like to know the length of screw and if they go into wood strip on the inside? what size wood strips. have not seen a good picture of this window on the inside of a boler door.
Hi: rosey45385... The door window on most bolers was a Hehr window and pop riveted to the fiberglass . It was also used on a lot of Airstreams. Our boler had one as the kitchen vent. I rebuilt it and replaced the rivets with S/S screws and wood strips as clamps inside. All gaskets were avail. from Vintage Trailer Supply.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie:
Attached Thumbnails
drilled out.jpg   new gaskets installed.jpg  

window detail.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
As Alf said these windows came pop-riveted from the factory through the window frame into the fiberglass shell. I would recommend you use either aluminum rivets or if you use a wooden frame inside you should use aluminum screws (available at most hardware stores).
Dissimilar metals against each other will result in galvanic corrosion, using similar metals will prevent or reduce this problem.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #4

Name: Jason
Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Missouri
Rosey,
The source for the seal that sets against the window (when it closes) only comes in a long length. Way more than is needed for one window. If you are going to or have purchased the seal from VTS I would like to share some of the cost with you for a length of it for my window.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler