Boler electric help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi everyone,
I have a newly-purchased 1975 13 ft Boler trailer that I have set up on a friend's property. I want to connect to my friend's house electricity. I am wondering:
1) where on my trailer do I plug in an extension cord?? I have looked everywhere but can't find the place.
2) do I need a special (30 volt) extension cord or can I purchase an ordinary extension cord?
Thanks for any help!
Anna
Anna K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
What length of distance are you planning to run with this cord? Also what is the cord going to be used for?.....i.e. trailer lights and such or air conditioner type loads? this would govern the gauge of the cord required....i.e. 12 or 14 or 16......thicker wiring as the numbers get smaller..... Also you should have a white round plastic cover about 3 inches in diameter out side and just a shade further back along the body where the cord would be located.....this cover lifts up and exposes the male end of the factory cord which can be pulled out from the interior of the trailer......this is the way the normal factory set up would be.....someone may have glassed over the hole for the cord...... Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
It's not 30Volt, it's 30AMPS at 120Volts; you will need an adapter for the 30A plug on the trailer to a standard home extension cable (Tool kind, not indoor for a lamp; 12Gauge would be a good size).

The 30Amp cable is likely coiled up under a rear bench and goes out through the round hole.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler