Boler frame inspection in BC - Suggestions Please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: 13' Boler '69
British Columbia
Boler frame inspection in BC - Suggestions Please

I have recently had the good fortune of acquiring a 1300 Boler trailer. It is basically stock and thus needs a little TLC. First and foremost I need to get the trailer frame inspected. It had been many years ago due to the prevalence of cracked frames with these trailers. I want to ensure that the boler will last another 40 yrs. If this means I need to replace the frame and axle then I would rather do that now and save the heartache of suffering a mechanical on a trip. So can anyone recommend a place in the lower mainland of BC that can provide an inspection of the axle and frame? If I have to get the whole undercarriage replaced, this would likely lead to a total refurb of the boler. Mixed emotions about that. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
danielcaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #2

Name: Tracey
Trailer: Boler 13'
British Columbia
Registry
I have the same issue in regards to how long or good my 1973 boler frame and axle will last. There is a place I drive by all the time on the way over the Golden Ears Bridge that has caught my eye because I've seen rv's there....it's called Vancouver Axle and Frame except it's in Surrey on 96th and not in Vancouver. Their web site has RV BC stamp of approval logo on the company site. I would call them up and see what they can do for you or suggest to you. Good luck
spacey_tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Dan, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

There are lots of kind and helpful people here on the forums. I'm sure you'll get lots of help with your questions.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #4

Name: Dan
Trailer: 13' Boler '69
British Columbia
Spacey_Tracey,

Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call and post any info that may help.
danielcaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Escape Trailer Industries have been used by a number of people with very happy results.They do repairs on all fiberglass trailers and from what I understand from those that have used them for axle replacement the prices are very competitive. Someone here mention recently they are also getting a new frame done on their boler at Escape.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #6

Name: Tracey
Trailer: Boler 13'
British Columbia
Registry
Thanks Carol.
spacey_tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #7

Name: Val
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Escape Trailers in Chilliwack is great. They replaced the frame and axle (with brakes): $950 for the frame, $490 for the axle and brakes, $300 labour. Reace is the owner, and he's great. We were absolutely pleased with the work done for us.
Val
valinnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler