Boler Frames - painted or unpainted? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Looking under your Boler trailers was everyones frames painted from the factory?

Seems mine was not, or the paint (and all of it) has fallen off.

Its going to be a chore to paint mine now.
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Mine was apparently painted from the factory (although that was decades and and unknown number of owners ago, so who can tell?) and is currently sort of beige, where there is any surviving paint at all. Most of the frame surface under the trailer (but not the tongue or bumper areas) has almost complete coverage by surface corrosion.

The original manual definitely says to touch up areas of damaged paint (so it must have had paint) to prevent corrosion; that was apparently not done by previous owners.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1975 13 ft
Brian

Mine looked like had been painted originally but when it finally snapped in two from all the cacking and corrosion I had a new one made. Not wanting to have to go through that again I had it powdercoated before mounting the body back on.

From this...

Name:   old16.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  27.4 KB

To this...

Name:   newframe.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  22.0 KB

more pictures on my blog
Roy Massen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler