boler interior seams on the insulite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #1

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
boler interior seams on the insulite

I don't know how to do a search properly,,, so I am going to ask it here. How do owners of a boler, replace the warped and wavy joint covers? My sisters 73 boler, could use new covers over the edge at the back of the seats and the rear internal seat spacer wall!

Thanks Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #2

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 73,75,78 13' Boler 78 17' Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong
I don't know how to do a search properly,,, so I am going to ask it here. How do owners of a boler, replace the warped and wavy joint covers? My sisters 73 boler, could use new covers over the edge at the back of the seats and the rear internal seat spacer wall!

Thanks Kenny
Not sure how to redirect you to a thread of that question. If the seam cover is all wavy all you need to do is warm it up and stretch it back into shape. Hot water is a good way to do it
Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #3

Utah
Hi all

Some have said they have used caulking to fill the gap between the ensolite insulation on the walls of the boler. How does one make the caulking look OKAY? The boler factory has used a vinyl or a plastic type material called a "T" edge. The piece that covers the gap, is about 1-1/4 inch wide. the gap is from 1/4" to about 3/4" wide, to fill this gap with some caulking would leave a very irregular looking seam filler. The factory put a backer in between the ensolite wall covering, that accepts the the "T" of the seam cover. Willys suggested heating the joint covering vinyl and hoping that it is resilient; and return to its standard form, my sister set it out in the sun; it stayed the same. He thinks boiling water could be better. The pieces have shrunk, in length by about 1" to 1- 1/2"s I can't find this at the RV parts sources we have used. Does Trillium use this same manner of gap cover? Still seeking help!!!

Later Kenny
Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
First-gen Trilliums with ensolite wallcovering came with "t-molding" that pushes into a metal track that's glassed/glued to the walls. Or at least mine did...

Trillium RV sells replacement molding, shown below, but I don't know if they can supply the track.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
Some have said they have used caulking to fill the gap between the ensolite insulation on the walls of the boler. How does one make the caulking look OKAY?

Later Kenny
Are you going to paint? Maybe what you're looking for is those that have caulked the seams, then used a dampened paper towel to texture the caulk to look like the ensolite. Some painted over all, some did not. Personally, I'd use blue tape and get close to the seam first. But then again, the rat fur in my trailer doesn't have these kinds of seams...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #6

Utah
Francesca and Donna

I am so happy!!!! The product from Trillium, is just what the boler has with the backer to accept the "T", If the molding is not available We will use Donna's method. A natural sponge used for water color would work perfectly! Love the way you Guys help so many of our Forum.

Later Kenny
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
I've just found out that if when you click search, use the second or lower white search box which is google, gives you exactly what you are looking for.
Kobelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
Francesca and Donna

I am so happy!!!! The product from Trillium, is just what the boler has with the backer to accept the "T", If the molding is not available We will use Donna's method. A natural sponge used for water color would work perfectly! Love the way you Guys help so many of our Forum.

Later Kenny
Hooray!

I didn't know Bolers had the channel for the T-molding- is that present everyplace the seams are, and do you think it came from the factory that way?

Francesca
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #9

Utah
Francesca

When working on the broken fiberglass Eggshell I removed the "T" molding, cut under the ensolite far enough to expose the damaged area exposing the internal receiving molding that has a groove running from top to bottom, that the T is pressed into. The receiving molding runs under the upper cabinetry, therefore I feel that it is original.

Later Kenny
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #10

Utah
Francesca Yes to the question; "Is it present every where the seams are?" (must cover all those ugly joints)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #11

Registry
Thanks, Kenny- (adding to my Vast Store of Knowledge)...

It'd be interesting to know how many manufacturers besides Trillium also copied this detail from the Boler design! Sure is a sensible solution...

Francesca
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #12

Utah
search method

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobelka View Post
I've just found out that if when you click search, use the second or lower white search box which is google, gives you exactly what you are looking for.
thanks I used it and now I understand
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #13

Name: Shawn
Florida
Has anybody tried to use stuff like this from HD?
Royal Mouldings 855 1/4 in. x 1-3/8 in. x 8 ft. PVC Composite White FRP Divider Moulding-0085508011 at The Home Depot
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #14

Registry
I've looked at the FRP molding, Shawn- It's made for a rigid sheet, and I think it would be difficult to get the flexible Ensolite into the groove.

If I ever do my "interior shell" project, though, that's what I'll be using since it involves the very sheets that molding is designed for!

Francesca
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Not sure if the profiles match, but it looks a lot like plywood edging that they use on folding tables and such. Has a barbed part that snaps into a groove, think most are set up for a saw kerf. It's flexible enough to conform to curves, especially if you warm it first, but stiff enough not to sag if there's a small gap in the track.

Plastic T-Molding
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #16

Name: Shawn
Florida
I may have one for you.
Royal Mouldings Clearwood 8 ft. x 3/4 in. x 1/4 in. Vinyl Screen Moulding-0657808002 at The Home Depot

This stuff is pvc and very very flexible. I bought one 8 ft pc to see if it will work. It looks like wood on one side and flat on the other. For 2.41 a stick it just might work. I used the pvc boards when I installed the roof vent and this stuff is great...
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler