Boler Jalousie window seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #1

Name: Craig
Trailer: 77 Boler
Newfoundland
Boler Jalousie window seals

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM7872.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	33946

Name:	various 008.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	33947

Name:	various 003.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	33948

Name:	<a title=boler 015.jpg Views: 27 Size: 217.8 KB ID: 33949" style="margin: 2px" />Hi folks ,Newbie here,Bought a 77 Boler 1300 last summer and I'm in the process of restoring it to match my 68 Chevelle Wagon.I am at the end of my rope with the window seals,I can't seem to find what I'm looking for,I had a sample pack from vintage trailer supply,been all around this site ,and others,been all over the net,can't see to find them
I did manage to find the drip rail strips at vintage trailer supply ,and the seals for the little window above the stove at vintage trailer,but that's another story,you have to but 10 times what you need!!!,can't buy it by the foot. Here's a few pics of the camper and the seal I,m looking for.This is the most seal thats on the type window,there is quite a lot there.Can anyboy help me out here!!
Thanks Craig
67dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Craig. You may find what you need here, about half-way down the page: Interstate Metal Fabricators, Inc.. These are nice, helpful people. Someone here at FiberglassRV actually sent Interstate a small piece of the needed molding and Interstate was able to match it. Something to consider.

But please, once you locate exactly what you need would you please post back here the part number, etc. and where you found it!

Good luck on the hunt.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #3

Name: Brayden
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Registry
I bought new windows from scamp trailers. In the states
You can look on there site
More modern and brand new
They have seals
Pins parts
Almost everything

For the interior I replaced it with a cork foam I found at home depo
For you isolation

Sent from my iPhone using FGRV
Siris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siris View Post
I bought new windows from scamp trailers. In the states
You can look on there site
More modern and brand new
They have seals
Pins parts
Almost everything

For the interior I replaced it with a cork foam I found at home depo
For you isolation

Sent from my iPhone using FGRV
Not wishing to divert or hijack this thread -- but which cork did you use? The 1/4" or 1/2" ? Search Results for cork

And any pics? ?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 77 Scamp
what is the measurement of the top part of the "T" shape and what is the length of the bottom I know Lowes used to sell similar stuff by the foot when it was Eagle hardware...I can swing by there for you today and see if its the correct stuff, also there is a glass shop nearby. Considering I need some for my Scamp also I would be willing to search my area let me know...it looks like 1/4 " on the bottom part
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #6

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
I would try Steele Rubber Products (www.steelerubber.com - Automotive rubber parts and weatherstripping for restoration cars, trucks and street rods.). They seem to have everything under the sun (or will make it). Definitely worth sending them an email...
bastiaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #7

Name: Craig
Trailer: 77 Boler
Newfoundland
Thank guys for you help,I checked on the Interstate Metal Fabricators, Inc.. website as recommended by By Donna D and there was a seal there just like I was looking for Part # 009-289.Sold by the foot. 45 cents each . I just got off the phone with Casy in sales and she is going to send me out a sample to check the dimensions,very helpfull.I let you know how it works out,I sure hope it fits,If it dosen't I 'll look at other suggestions.
Thanks again Craig
67dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Registry
That is a great price.... Donna knows her stuff. I just saved that link
bastiaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1973
Hi Craig,
Been keeping an eye on this to see how you made out with the seal. If you are referring to the one I think you are, then I share your frustration. My Boler is a '74 and from your picture I'm guessing the windows are basically the same. Mine still had a Burdick Windows sticker on one of them when I got it, but had no luck going that route. They don't manufacture anything like that now. The seal I'm looking for is the same shape as the drip rail strip, only much smaller overall.
Looking forward to seeing how you make out
Clay
Clay Woolliscroft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler