Boler, Jalousie Windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
Hi everyone, hope my english will be good enough to describe what I'm facing.

If I remember well, the side walls jalousie windows of my previous Boler were the same as my new one (1973), ie: the frame of the window is made with all 90 degrees angles, which means that the bottom of the window is not able to evacuate the accumulating water completely. Yes there is 2 holes at the bottom for that, and I guess it would be ok for a conventionnal trailers with true vertical walls, but since the upper walls of the Bolers are leaning towards the inside, there is always a little bit of water remaining at the bottom after a rain until it evaporates. Does anyone experiencing tha same thing, is there a fix for that ? I never did anything about that for my first Boler, but now I woulf like to fix that issue for my new one.

I was thinking of may be to remove the windows, dissassemble them, cut the side bars of the frame with an angle so when putting it back together the bottom "bar" would have an angle to get the water dripping ( hum! I hope I said that right).

Anybody did this ? Thanks

Regards
Old 06-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Bonjour Michel,

Your English is great - totally understandable.

However, I'm wondering if your windows need new seals or operators. The reason I say that is that I never get any water inside my jalousie windows if they are closed. And if they are open (which they usually are), no water accumulates. And we get some pretty intense downpours here, so it's not like I'm in the desert.

One time I drove through an amazing, flood-like downpour on the freeway. I was literally plowing through water it was coming down so hard and so fast (I pulled over as soon as I could, but had to drive a ways first). Even then, no water came in through the jalousie windows, and there was no mopping up or manual draining needed.

I also don't believe the windows have any drain holes, but I'll have to double check that.

So, I think I would try to see why water is getting in, and if it's missing or deteriorated seals perhaps you can fix them rather than modifying the window.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
Thanks, I agree that I probably replace the seals, but they don't look that bad, and there is not a lot of water coming in ut here is a small drawing to show how they are made, the ones on the left is how they actually are, the one on the right is how they should have been made in my opinion, and how I would like to modify them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #4

Name: Ralph
Trailer: 75 Boler
Ontario
I checked the windows on my 75 Boler since they were out on the floor. Mine has 2 drainholes as well but instead of being 90° they have a 14° camber for drainage. Hope this helps.
Ralphsegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, jalousie windows, windows