Boler Needs Insulation - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Trailer: Boler
Boler Needs Insulation

We bought our Boler last Spring (bright yellow, tennis balls on top for those of you who might remember). We love it but there are a couple of issues.

1 - The Boler is not insulated at all. We have a ridiculous heater (way to big for such a small space but we did appreciate it when the temp got to -5 during an end of summer trip to Manning Park) but all that is on the interior is a white paint that is directly on the fibreglass. We would get a lot of condensation at night, even with windows open.

Neither my husband and I are particularly 'handy' but know that we need to do something. While researching, I found two paint on insulations. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

2. We would like to take out the heater we have, put in a smaller one and then we would have room for a 3-way fridge. How difficult is this? We know someone who is a certified gas installer so for a couple cases of beer I know that he would run the lines for us.

3. Dumb questions but how do you attach anything to the walls? We need to install railings for the bunks for our two little ones.

We are also at the point where we are wondering if we should sale it and then buy one that has the fridge already built in. Thoughts?

Thanks and Happy New Years. We are counting the days until we can get out camping again.

GenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I have a 13 ft Boler and it came with a 3 way fridge.
Also have 1/4 ensolite, a thin rubber insulation all on outer shell, That I read was used in space ships.?.
And the furnace wasn't that big and fit between the fridge and a small cubby that the converter is in.
As far as the railing for the kids, I cut a piece of 1/4 plywood paneling about 8 inches wide and just long enough to go from one end of the bed to the other. I then cut a 3/4 X1 1/2 with a grove in it and glued this to top to give it extra support.
This plywood fits between matress and support pipes and stays in place.

If your Boler is set up like mine, with original parts it will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Bunk railing.JPG  
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

boler, winter camping