boler owners..... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #1

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi,
We just looked at a '78 boler for sale. Needs some work, and a lot of cleaning. I was wondering if the ceiling and walls could be painted. They are a wrinkled looking squishy vinyl something or other.
I painted the inside of my '76 scamp, but the material is different.
Also, any inherent problems with a '78???
Thanks, Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When i had my 17ft Boler i painted it with a roller and Melimane paint. I cleaned it first as best as i could. It turned out real nice.
Attached Thumbnails
B2.jpg  
Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I was wondering if the ceiling and walls could be painted. They are a wrinkled looking squishy vinyl something or other.
I painted the inside of my '76 scamp, but the material is different.
Marjie,

We are in the process of painting ours. Did the closet last year, and if I can get the #$*~& ensolite to stay up on the ceiling when glued. I'll be painting it too. We used "One Shot" sign paint. It is a gloss finish, so some won't like it. A lot have people have used different paints with good results.

Can you better explain how the material is different? Some describe their ensolite as elephant hide in finish and others call theirs popcorn (more of a sprayed stucco ceiling effect). Is that what you mean?

Keep in mind when asking, the Bolers were made by a few different factories, so you might want to include that info in your questions.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
if I can get the #$*~& ensolite to stay up on the ceiling when glued
Did you try contact cement? Mine is still holding up pretty good so far.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #5

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi Everyone,
Roy, Yes! It's like an elephant's hide. That is a perfect description. All I know about it is that it is a 1978, Boler Deluxe, made in Canada.
Chester, did you use the same paint for the cabinet doors? Ours are wood-grain plastic, and I like the look of everything the same color in your photo. Where did you get the paint? Did it require priming?
Thanks, Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
All I know about it is that it is a 1978, Boler Deluxe, made in Canada (were they all made there?).
Marjie, no, not all Bolers were made in Canada... there's Boler American. Here's the Boler history as we know it: Egg History- Boler descendants, Can you fill in the Blanks?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #7

Quote:
if I can get the #$*~& ensolite to stay up on the ceiling when glued.
Quote:
Did you try contact cement? Mine is still holding up pretty good so far.
I've been using the LePage's Super77 that many have recommended. It is working for the most part in the rest of the trailer, but there are a few spots it just does not want to hold. Like the ceiling over the rear window.

I found that using the memory foam from the bed rolled up and held under pressure by a peice of plywood makes the ensolite adapt to the varying contours. The ceiling held up for over a week, I went out to the trailer today and it was falling down again. If I apply pressure, the ceiling will stick again, but it does not seem to want to stay up. Maybe the heat, maybe the humidity, maybe the fact that the ensolite was hanging for a number of years. Given this info, are there any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I had the same problem in my previous 17ft Boler. I used PL 200. Its a glue in a cartridge used for carpenter work. No problems after that.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
In the scrapbooking section of craft stores you will find "Glue Dots", aka "snot dots". They come in different sizes and will hold most anything. They've held the headliner up in my bro-in-law's car for YEARS!
Try them, you'll like them! And if you do, drop an email to the company and tell them what unusual thing you did with them and they will quite possibly send you a few free boxes! I know this!

Quote:
I've been using the LePage's Super77 that many have recommended. It is working for the most part in the rest of the trailer, but there are a few spots it just does not want to hold. Like the ceiling over the rear window.

I found that using the memory foam from the bed rolled up and held under pressure by a peice of plywood makes the ensolite adapt to the varying contours. The ceiling held up for over a week, I went out to the trailer today and it was falling down again. If I apply pressure, the ceiling will stick again, but it does not seem to want to stay up. Maybe the heat, maybe the humidity, maybe the fact that the ensolite was hanging for a number of years. Given this info, are there any suggestions?
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:29 PM   #10

Quote:
I had the same problem in my previous 17ft Boler. I used PL 200. Its a glue in a cartridge used for carpenter work. No problems after that.
<span style="color:#ff0000">!!!</span>

(Never thought I'd see the day where I would pole dance)

I bought a tube of either PL200 or PL400 to lay a thin subfloor over my plywood floor repairs before laying the vinyl floor. I have what I need then. It will also be perfect for those couple of spots in the corner crease of the raised roof that just won't hold either.

Did you spread it with a notched trowel on the fiberglass and let it set a bit before putting the ensolite back up? Details please ...
Old 06-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #11

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Hi there.

I have a 74 Boler that I restored last year.

What I did was peeled of all that foam seam trim. I then used a white latex caulk and caulked all the seams. Then using a wet sponge I dabbed the caulking to blend in with the rest of the wall.

To paint, I just used a regular interior Kitchen and Bath semigloss paint. It worked great!! and after a year it still looks great. Nice and white and no pleeling or flaking off.

God luck

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	13973
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
I just replaced my ensolite. Instead of caulking, 3M doublesided tape. Works incredibly well. Very clean and is paintable. Another option if you don't want to paint it is to dust the exposed side with a chalky powder. We painted with Exterior latex primer and paint.
Attached Images

Jenny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler