Boler Parts, Ft window awning latch and Stove hood - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape
Boler Parts, Ft window awning latch and Stove hood

Anyone know of a solution for my 13 ft. Boler. One of the ft window awning lock on the right side is missing the pin that holds it in place? Also looking for the stove hood.

Thanks in Advance.
Grant Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
First I would need to know which type of front awning/stone guard that you have. The older Bolers had a flat piece that was removeable and the later ones have a molded piece that is held in place hith hinges and struts. A picture would help.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape
Ft window awning latch and Stove hood'

Thanks for the reply, here's the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0282[1].jpg  
Grant Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #4

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Grant, I doubt you'll find a new mech. to replace that broken one there for the front window cover. I'd have someone machine a new pin if it were me. if you don't care about what it looks like i'm sure you could drill a whole threw the centre of that tube part that comes off the flat flange and then put a bolt threw that tube/hole and drill a hole in that bolt to correspond with the hole in the tube thing there and then put a removable pin threw it to hold it. and when you get to your destination take the pin and the bolt out and your good to go.

but I really can't see you finding a replacement pin? there may be a possibility you could use a long bolt cut all the threads off it so its smooth and then cut a notch into it at a specific point (would have to do some measuring) then slide the bolt in the hole it goes into there and then put a spring in/over the bolt from the inside of the dish/window cover there and then put a snap ring into the notch/slot you made.

if you can't get one machined or find one used or new then that might be the best option if you can follow what i'm saying.

good luck
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #5

Name: Joel
Trailer: 1981 Boler
Sarnia, Ontario
Grant, wondering how you made out fixing this missing pin?
idiotsniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #6

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
mine is also missing the pin but the PO just used a random pin/bolt looking thing... seems to work well.
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, boler