Boler Roof Air Conditioner? Plus some other questions! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Boler Roof Air Conditioner? Plus some other questions!

Hello World.
Well....I bought a boler around 6 years ago.
I used it as is for a couple of years, and for the past two it's been sitting....and I've been so busy with work.

Now that I want to take it out again, and start using it, I want to make some improvements.

Questions:
Does anyone know of a place near Toronto that can help me do some repairs and upgrades?

Can I mount a roof air conditioner onto a 74 boler? Is the roof strong enough to hold it? Is the opening hatch 14x14? I have it parked at another site, or I'd just go out and check it.

Thanks so much!
dapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mods, this is posted 3 times - may want to consolidate.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Mods, this is posted 3 times - may want to consolidate.
Helpful answer
Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
You're welcome.
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
You're welcome.
Don't think I thanked you for anything.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Dapple, Not knowing your trailer nor the interior workings of a Boler I am gonna take a wild guess and say no, your roof won't be able to support a roof air at this point. I believe you would have to put supports in. That being said, I am not an expert about roof support so hopefully someone who is can give you suggestions. Just didn't want you to get the wrong impression from my fellow forum members <_<! Do watch your post for some great suggestions and ideas!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Dapple, Not knowing your trailer nor the interior workings of a Boler I am gonna take a wild guess and say no, your roof won't be able to support a roof air at this point. I believe you would have to put supports in. That being said, I am not an expert about roof support so hopefully someone who is can give you suggestions. Just didn't want you to get the wrong impression from my fellow forum members <_<! Do watch your post for some great suggestions and ideas!
Hi Robin,
Thanks so much for the helpful reply. I was thinking the same thing, as I read a few other who have similar trailers say that their roofs wouldn't support it, unless it was a year that was factory issued with a roof unit.
Boo to that, as it's a pretty easy way to fit one....if only it could take the weight. Guess I'll have to keep looking around for other ideas.

Thanks again.

Tags
boler