Boler Table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

Name: Beverly J
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Washington
Boler Table

I don't know about you, but I have one hell of a time trying to sit at the table...I admit I've got an ample rear end and a bit of a middle spread too, but how in the world can one change the table so it either slides back and forth, or is there a way to cut them in half, and fold it up and then down once you're in?
I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem...how have you work this out...besides losing weight.
Thx,
Bev Jone
Beverly Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hummm. Parkliner and Escape both build tables that slide that allows people to sit and "shift." However, in my oldly but goody Scamp, right from the factory, I have a two piece table. About a foot was cut off the "table." Which makes dining easy. When I want to convert to a bed, I have that extra piece that fills in. Does this make sense?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I had the small table like Donna, but did not like having to store and place the pieces together everyday, as we do not have a full time bed in our 13' Scamp, so I had made a table that hinged. The small folded up table makes sitting at the bench seats very easy, and we only open it to full length if we have guests. I can even lace up my shoes sitting there.
Good Luck with your dilemma.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01170.jpg   DSC01171.jpg  

DSC01172.jpg  
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly Jones View Post
... is there a way to cut them in half, and fold it up and then down once you're in?
To me, this sounds like you might want to split the table lengthwise, so it is long and narrow leaving more space between table edge and seat edge... the opposite direction from the style Dave and Donna described.

The root of the problem for some people is that the table has to match the space between the seats in width, so it can serve as part of the bed platform. That leaves the table edge directly above seat edge, which may be too close for some. One way around this is to cut the table down in width to whatever is comfortable (or hinge the edges), and carry a separate one-piece board to fill in the space for bed use.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #5

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
We also made the table fold in half to make more space to move around in the trailer.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...d-57935-5.html
Nelmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler