Boler vin - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: 13'Boler /17' Escape
Alberta
Registry
Boler vin

Hi it is Donna again,
I am new and need help. Where do I find the VIN number on my Boler?
ohmydog2dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
If it has not been removed by a previous owner it will be located on the kitchen side midway just below the belly band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmydog2dee View Post
Hi it is Donna again,
I am new and need help. Where do I find the VIN number on my Boler?
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
If it has not been removed by a previous owner it will be located on the kitchen side midway just below the belly band.
Rick, it's not stamped on the tongue?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #4

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Nothing around belly line also checked tongue as Donna D suggested there is a chain welded where there was a stamp of some kind all I can read is the words "Load" "DK" "WOOD" ??
Old 08-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #5

Alberta
Registry
Does anyone have a picture of a 1968 and 1969 Bolarso I can compare? Mine is flat roof, white, tear shaped cubbie holes for storage over bunk, no window over stove, wood base storage under bunk and bed/table area, round tail lights not recessed, low wheel wells, no insulation, no furnace, icebox and 2 burner stove.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Rick, it's not stamped on the tongue?
Typically, no, Boler didn't stamp the VIN (which was just a serial number, not the standardized VIN that came to trailers later) into the frame (in the tongue area or otherwise). Mine has a little printed placard on the tongue which says that the serial number is inside... and that's where it is, on the information sheet inside the closet. It also appears, as Rick suggests, on a foil sticker near the bellyband.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
All these years of following the forums.... NO WONDER people can't find the VIN on some trailers. If it were MINE, and it's not... I'd get one of these, spend a few bucks on stamps and screw the VIN to the frame somewhere on the tongue: https://www.koolrides.com/catalog/pr...372ae24d9cae3b

Scraps of paper disappear and decals fade
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #8

Alberta
Registry
Thanks everyone. you were very helpful and I appreciate your help.

How about a new question?

On my bill of sale it does say the model or series is " kgfac4" does anyone know what that means? On the Alberta Vehicle Registration it says the vin is "5045" is that got any special meaning? Like it was the five thousand forty fifth unit made?? or What? Was there only 100 flat roof Bolers? so was it #50 or #45 or is this number random?
Does anyone else have a photo of a model kgfac4? OR DID SOME CREATIVE previous owner make up numbers to register this trailer? Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If it were MINE, and it's not... I'd get one of these, spend a few bucks on stamps and screw the VIN to the frame somewhere on the tongue: https://www.koolrides.com/catalog/pr...372ae24d9cae3b

Scraps of paper disappear and decals fade
That looks like a good idea. Of course, once you know your VIN you typically don't need it again, especially in places like here where the registration is permanent (no renewal required)... until it is sold. It's always the new buyer who is on this search.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
On my bill of sale it does say the model or series is " kgfac4" does anyone know what that means? On the Alberta Vehicle Registration it says the vin is "5045" is that got any special meaning?
" kgfac4" means nothing to me - I suspect some sort of misunderstanding or typo. Boler serial numbers (VINs) are typically short, maybe a couple of digits, a dash, and a few more digits. That looks like part of the VIN, but maybe it's the whole thing.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #11

Alberta
Registry
Do you think" 5045" might actually be the vin?
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #12

The serial number (that's what Boler called it, not VIN) on my 1979 Boler built by Vanguard is five digits, dash, two digits. I wouldn't be surprised if an early Boler had nothing but "5045" as the serial number... but I don't have other examples handy for comparison.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
OR DID SOME CREATIVE previous owner make up numbers to register this trailer? Any ideas?
Might not be a creative previous owner but a creative individual at the DMV or DOT.

My boler American had letters attached to it on it's original registration, that were not on the trailer. According to an old timer at the NY DMV, back in the days of pre 13 digit vins, they used to create codes to differentiate different kinds of trailers.

The TC before the serial # on mine, indicated Travel Camper or something of the sort to the appropriate government department at the time. It had nothing to do with the actual serial #.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #14

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
My flat top Boler has the VIN stamped on the tongue. It's on top, passenger side near the trailer. I was only able to locate it from someone else's description and picture on the forum here. It had been painted over so was pretty hard to see. It is only a three digit number. Perhaps a production number. I'd be interested to here if you find one.
Good luck.

Edit: I found the thread. Posting #11
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #15

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I was always lead to believe that the first 100 1968 Bolers were flattops

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
My flat top Boler has the VIN stamped on the tongue. It's on top, passenger side near the trailer. I was only able to locate it from someone else's description and picture on the forum here. It had been painted over so was pretty hard to see. It is only a three digit number. Perhaps a production number. I'd be interested to here if you find one.
Good luck.

Edit: I found the thread. Posting #11
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #16

Alberta
Registry
Well, my flat top Boler has a welded plate on the tongue so I may never know. So I painted it inside and out this week. And getting new tires tomorrow. Looks cute! Will post photos soon.

Tags
boler, vin